My girlfriend and I are planning to head down to Melbourne in August (we're in early 30's and from India). Now, I know it's winter down under but August is the only time off we got and we've been wanting to do Australia for a while.
We have around 2 weeks and after discussing/debating various options, we're very confused. Both love food and oceans and culture, and driving, however, even after crawling the web for days we haven't been able to lock a plan down. So my questions are these:
1. Is winter in Australia a complete bummer? Better going some place else?
2. Apart from driving down to GOR (we haven't driven in snow before but very good drivers otherwise), what else could we try around Melbourne?
3. Girlfriend wants to do Sydney, I want to drive there, stopping off along the way but will we waste too much time and have nothing left for Sydney?
4. Current rough plan looks like this:
- 3 days Mel
- 2 days GOR
- 3 days Syd
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Gmail Customer Support Phone Number Australia +61-283173468
- 2 Christmas in Cairns
- 3 INDEPENDENT TRAVEL BY BUS, TRAIN AND PLANE
- 4 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 5 30 Days Down Under
- 6 NYE Perth
- 7 How to save in travel cost in Perth, Melborne and Sydney
- 8 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 9 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 10 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 11 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 12 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 13 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 14 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 15 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 16 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 17 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 18 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 19 2 week Australia recommendations
- 20 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 21 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 22 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 23 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 24 Australia + Surf
- 25 Car rentals from North/South Islands