Considering a trip to Australia at the end of November for two weeks.
Nothing is settled yet, this is idle looking at this point. I imagine it will be two weeks, although I don't know if that is door to door or in-country (which then means it's actually 16 days).
I have friends in Sydney I've been promising to visit since last year. So I will be spending more time there than I might if I were going solo. Well, one couple lives in Manly. The other family is in Sydney or at least closer to it than Manly.
Another couple lives near Tuggerah lake but they might be in Europe when I am there.
Other friends live in Melbourne but I am not sure I will venture down there this time. Given the amount of time I'm planning, it might amount to deciding "Ocean Road, or, Great Barrier Reef, or Uluru, pick two of them". I don't think I can visit four places in two weeks but I can fit three I believe including Sydney.
Any tips? Especially picking one place over the other, and, is traveling between places in Australia very expensive or the typical cost I am used to spending when moving about in Europe or the USA for instance?
I am good with either driving myself upon landing at various spots, or, tour operator for the visits such as Uluru or GBR. I don't mind a package for the outings, each foray I expect would be a three night trip and then on to the next one. Right?
I haven't looked into lodging yet, although I am guessing when in Sydney I have a place to stay. I don't want to assume that, but possibly a night or two with each set of friends there.
Anyway, my first posting for my first time there! Thank you for any thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER # InstallationCONTACT☎1888 279 0246 ☎ EPSON Tec*h 24*7
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 30 Days Down Under
- 4 NYE Perth
- 5 How to save in travel cost in Perth, Melborne and Sydney
- 6 Christmas in Cairns
- 7 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 8 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 9 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 10 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 11 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 12 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 13 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 14 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 15 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 16 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 17 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 18 2 week Australia recommendations
- 19 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 20 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 21 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 22 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 23 Australia + Surf
- 24 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 25 Sydney High tea