So I'm working on an itinerary and hoping to get some feedback from the experts here. 27 days, 25 nights in hotel. Loosing some time on the way over. First time to Australia. Doing trip like it may be my last.
- USA to Melbourne - 5 days/4 nights - have to recover from trip and Melbourne seems like my kind of place
- Coastal Road - 4 days/3 nights - i would stay in a couple towns
- Sydney - 4 days/3 nights - fly from Melbourne
- Ayers Rock - 4 days/ 3 nights - fly spend 3 nights and 2 full days
- Brisbane/Byron Bay - 6 days/5 nights - really staying in Byron Bay for a wedding - fly from Ayers to Brisbane
- Reef (Airle Beach) - 5 days/ 4 nights
- Go to Whitsundays - do a tour, take a sail, still figuring that out.
- Back to Brisbane - 1 night
- Fly Home
- Am I trying to do to much?
- Should I increase decrease days in some places?
- Should I skip Ayers Rock?
- I most likely will be travelling alone for most of this.
- I figure I will mostly want to stay on the east & southeast side, and not venture west or central Australia except maybe Ayers Rock
- 3.5 weeks definitely, perhaps a couple days over, but 21 days for sure.
- Seems Sydney or Melbourne to start, with a mix of flying and driving and making my way up to Byron Bay
- A good mix between urban, adventure and outdoors (nature, wildlife). Would love to visit the Barrier Reef, the great coastal road, do some surfing (I have done a little)
- I'm an amateur photographer so will be interested in taking lots of pics.
- Great Coastal road - this seems like something I would love to do this one for sure.
- Ayers Rock/Uluru - friend who lives there says I really should go here, but it's expensive, and complicates the trip a good deal.
Thanks in advance for any assistance. This one is a bit challenging to plan.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 CHARTER 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT CHARTER Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 2 week Australia recommendations
- 3 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 4 Sydney High tea
- 5 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 6 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 7 70-Something Suggestions
- 8 Melbourne lodging locations
- 9 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 10 30 Days Down Under
- 11 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 12 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 13 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 14 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 15 Australia for two weeks.
- 16 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 17 Itinerary decisions
- 18 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 19 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 20 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 21 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 22 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 23 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 24 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 25 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?