I will have about two weeks and plan to attend a 4-day conference in Melbourne in July. I was originally thinking a trip from LA that was:
4 days/3 nights Sydney
4 days/5 nights Melbourne
5 days/4 nights between Hong Kong and Macau
and would permit me to use miles to fly in style on Qantas and Cathay Pacific to/from LAX.
However, I am starting to wonder if I should nix HK and opt to visit more of Australia? My interests are primarily cultural (i.e, museums) and I am not much of an outdoor or explorer person. Obviously I would visit some of the zoos and see the koalas and such.
Would you propose something else? Maybe Brisbane and the Gold Coast? Or Auckland? I just worry about the viability of beachy-outdoorsy places in the middle of winter (though HK probably won't be too pleasant in July either).
Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Miss World 2017
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Australia for two weeks.
- 4 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 5 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 6 Itinerary decisions
- 7 Melbourne lodging locations
- 8 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 9 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 10 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 11 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 12 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 13 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 14 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 15 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 16 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 17 First time visiting Australia
- 18 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 19 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 20 Australia dollar
- 21 Australia - first time
- 22 Sydney airport
- 23 Sydney Airport connecting flights
- 24 How many days for Auckland and Christchurch on a 30-day trip?
- 25 great barrfier reef