My parents and I are considering a trip to Australia and the pacific this coming summer July-Aug. We hope to spend a month traveling around. I am looking for suggestions on time spent and where to visit. I know that we definitely would like to visit Australia (Sidney and Barrier Reef are required) as well as New Zealand and possibly Fiji. As I began to explore the internet for ideas, I was overwhelmed and excited by all the other possible places to visit (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Easter Island, etc.)
We will do some diving while we are there, but we are definitely not looking for a dive trip... My parents aren't overly active so they would not be up for a lot of hiking as well. Typically we enjoy driving adventures, food, culture, sights, nature/wildlife, etc.
Any thoughts about destinations, amount of time to spend in each, can't miss sights, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 4 Australia for two weeks.
- 5 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 6 Itinerary decisions
- 7 Melbourne lodging locations
- 8 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 9 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 10 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 11 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 12 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 13 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 14 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 15 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 16 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 17 First time visiting Australia
- 18 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 19 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 20 Australia dollar
- 21 Australia - first time
- 22 Sydney airport
- 23 Sydney Airport connecting flights
- 24 How many days for Auckland and Christchurch on a 30-day trip?
- 25 great barrfier reef