I am planning a week long holiday to South Island, New Zealand.
We are coming from India and would rather visit NZ via Melbourne/Sydney either ways.
I have made a sample itinerary which is as follows
Day 1 - Arrive CHC and stay overnight
Day 2 - Take Transalpine to Greymouth and stay overnight
Day 3 - Drive to Wanaka and stay overnight
Day 4 - Drive to Queenstown and stay for 4 nights
Day 5 - Milford Sound & Te Anau
Day 6 - At Leisure / Sky line
Day 7 - At Leisure
Day 8 - Depart from QST to Sydney
I would ideally want to drive a maximum of 3.5 hours everyday....
Can someone recommend a better itinerary or revisions?
I am missing Mt. Cook?
Is my itinerary doable?
Is te anau and milford doubale in 1 day without being too hectic?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Australia for two weeks.
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 4 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 5 Itinerary decisions
- 6 Melbourne lodging locations
- 7 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 8 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 9 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 10 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 11 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 12 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 13 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 14 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 15 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 16 First time visiting Australia
- 17 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 18 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 19 Australia dollar
- 20 Australia - first time
- 21 Sydney airport
- 22 Sydney Airport connecting flights
- 23 How many days for Auckland and Christchurch on a 30-day trip?
- 24 great barrfier reef
- 25 Uluru