My wife and I are planing a 25 days trip to Australia this September
here is the itinerary i came up with:
1. Landing in Sydney
2. Sydney - 3 days
3. Sydney to Brisbane by car - 3 days
4. Fly from Brisbane to Cairns
5. Cairns (3 to 4 days diving, 3 to 4 days by car to Port Douglas/Palm Cove) - 7 days
6. Fly from Cairns to Alison Springs/Ayers Rock
7. Alison Springs/Ayers Rock to Ulu u and back by car - 3 days
8. Fly from Alison Springs/Ayers Rock to Adelaide
9. Adelaide to Sydney (through Melbourne) by car - 9 days
10. Fly out from Sydney
I have a few questions:
is it worth the time and effort to drive all the way from Adelaide to Sydney?
is it better to fly from Alison Springs to Melbourne instead of Adelaide and drive from there to Sydney, but miss the west part of the ocean drive (Adelaide to Melbourne)?
i did not book the tickets yet so i can still change the plan and fly out from Melbourne back home and not from Sydney. is this a better idea?
we can fly from Cairns to Alison Springs and hire a car or fly straight to Ayers Rock. which is a better idea?
any other recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888~260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt sbaba!
- 2 NYE Perth
- 3 How to save in travel cost in Perth, Melborne and Sydney
- 4 Christmas in Cairns
- 5 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 6 30 Days Down Under
- 7 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 8 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 9 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 10 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 11 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 12 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 13 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 14 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 15 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 16 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 17 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 18 2 week Australia recommendations
- 19 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 20 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 21 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 22 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 23 Australia + Surf
- 24 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 25 Sydney High tea