I hope some one can help me in making my plans for my trip to NZ. I have a business trip taking me to Christchurch in June this year. I have booked my out going flight from Auckland so that i get a chance to drive up to Auckland from Christchurch. I know i may have been too optimistic but i booked the flights without figuring my actual plans.
However i would like to see the Franz Josef Glaciers or Mount Cook before i start driving up. During winter which one would be a better choice. I understand if i drive this is going to be a 20-30 hr drive approx in 4 days depending on weather conditions and if i stop to look at something else.
What other spectacular locations can i view during my drive.
My plan at this point is to drive from ChristChurch to Franz Josef or Mount Cook depending on weather conditions and what would you travel enthusiasts consider a better site.
Then drive up through Greymouth and go to Kahurangi National Park if I have time.
Take the Ferry from Picton, spend some time in Wellington possibly see Weta Caves or Hobbiton
Go up to Waitomo Glow worm Caves and then drive to Auckland and fly home.
My question is
a) Is this possible during the month of June?
b) Are there any must sees that i can do during this drive up
c) How bad is the weather in North/South Islands especially around Mount Cook or by the Glaciers
d) which one should i see?
All the help will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AOL Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 2 AOL Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 3 AOL Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 4 AOL Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 5 AOL Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 6 NYE Perth
- 7 How to save in travel cost in Perth, Melborne and Sydney
- 8 Christmas in Cairns
- 9 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 10 30 Days Down Under
- 11 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 12 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 13 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 14 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 15 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 16 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 17 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 18 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 19 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 20 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 21 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 22 2 week Australia recommendations
- 23 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 24 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 25 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase