My friend and I, both from Singapore, will be arriving in Auckland on 25 Nov and departing Auckland on 10 Dec. We are looking to explore both the North and South Island using the Intercity Flexipass. I have come up with a suggested itinerary after doing some research over the net and would like to share this itinerary here. Would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions.
Day 1 (26 Nov): Auckland to Waitomo, Waitomo to Rotorua
Day 2 (27 Nov): Rotorua
Day 3 (28 Nov): Rotorua to Tongariro National Park (via Hamilton)
Day 4 (29 Nov): Tongariro National Park (Crossing)
Day 5 (30 Nov): Tongariro to Wellington
Day 6 (1 Dec): Wellington to Nelson (via Picton)
Day 7 (2 Dec): Nelson to Punakaiki
Day 8 (3 Dec): Punakaiki to Franz Josef
Day 9 (4 Dec): Franz Josef
Day 10 (5 Dec): Franz Josef to Wanaka
Day 11 (6 Dec): Wanaka
Day 12 (7 Dec): Wanaka to Queenstown
Day 13 (8 Dec): Queenstown
Day 14 (9 Dec): Queenstown (Catch 1730 flight back to Auckland)
Thank you once again!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 3 Nights Te Anau in February - Still Pondering Best Use of Time
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Sydney High tea
- 4 Melbourne lodging locations
- 5 Kaikoura SH1 update
- 6 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 7 70-Something Suggestions
- 8 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 9 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 10 Australia for two weeks.
- 11 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 12 Itinerary decisions
- 13 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 14 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 15 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 16 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 17 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 18 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 19 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 20 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 21 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 22 First time visiting Australia
- 23 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 24 Australia dollar
- 25 Australia - first time
2 weeks New Zealand itinerary (advice and suggestions needed!)