We will be in NZ around Sept 15 - Sept 28. We will be renting an RV for our family of 5 (2 adults, two 12-yo boys, one 9 year old girl) for the whole time we are there. Kids are adventurous types, so we'd like to do lots of outdoorsy stuff while there, as well as some cultural Maori activities as well. We also want to try to find a bit of warmer weather if possible - I know that it is just turning to Spring there.
We are trying to decide what makes the most sense: spend all 12+ days on the North Island, all on the South Island, or drive from Auckland to Christchurch in the RV?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Melbourne lodging locations
- 2 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 3 Christmas in Cairns
- 4 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 5 30 Days Down Under
- 6 NYE Perth
- 7 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 8 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 9 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 10 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 11 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 12 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 13 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 14 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 15 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 16 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 17 2 week Australia recommendations
- 18 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 19 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 20 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 21 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 22 Australia + Surf
- 23 Car rentals from North/South Islands
- 24 Sydney High tea