My boyfriend and I are currently planning a trip to Australia over Christmas and New Years this year after he returns from his deployment to Afghanistan.
He wants to go to Perth so he can see old friends. We plan on spending a week or so there- any recommendations? We are very nature central. Already planning on doing Swan Valley and enjoying the city, hitting up the beaches, and maybe Lancelin and the Pinnacles. Anything else while we are in Perth?
After Perth i want to travel to Cairns so we can do the Great Barrier Reef. Perth and Cairns are the definite must haves of the trip.
We want to incorporate lots of hiking, being outdoors, The Outback if possible too....I don't know much about the country just yet - which side of the country would be best to include hiking in the Outback? We want to also use public transport as much as possible and haven't coordinated for hotels yet or which days we would need a rental car. We will fly from Perth to Cairns.
Is two weeks enough?
We are currently trying to see if we can do three weeks. If so, I want to add in some of the cities on the East coast. If we have to pick, should we do Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane?
Basically, I want to cram in as much as possible since this is a once in a lifetime trip. But I also want to be able to relax and explore a bit in each place. That's why I simplified a lot of it and settled on Perth and Cairns as non-negotiables. Any and all help/advice you can give is so much appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 AOL @ PASSWORD Reset CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 Best New Zealand Restaurants
- 4 Best New Zealand wineries Napier
- 5 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 6 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 7 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 8 SH1 north of Kaikoura is open!
- 9 Franz Josef glacier is advancing
- 10 Melbourne lodging locations
- 11 Christmas in Cairns
- 12 30 Days Down Under
- 13 NYE Perth
- 14 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 15 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 16 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 17 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 18 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 19 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 20 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 21 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 22 2 week Australia recommendations
- 23 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 24 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 25 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
2-3 week trip to Perth, Cairns, and possibly another East Coast City?