I am planning a 16 day trip to NZ in Nov end-Mid Dec. Wanted suggestions on 5-6 things that are must dos as well as the itinerary. Me and my wife are in 30's with an infant and parents aged 60+ and they are not very fit (long walking is a no for them, though me + wife are ok doing a couple of short walks/hikes). I am also the only driver in this group.
Nov 25: Land in Queenstown
Nov 26/27: In Queenstown (in between drive to Arrowtown or Glenorchy)
Nov 28/29: Te Anau incl Milford Sound
Nov 30: Te Anau to Wanaka
Dec 1: Wanaka to Franz Josef
Dec 2: Glacier (Heli/ Walk) and then to Greymouth
Dec 3: Greymouth to Abel Tasman
Dec 4/5: Abel Tasman
Dec 6: To Picton and Ferry to Wellington
Dec 7: At Wellington: Museums etc.
Dec 8: Wellington to Le Taupo
Dec 9/10: Taupo/ Rotorua
Dec 11: Rotorua to Auckland and board flight (have a afternoon 2.50pm flight)
Suggestions? Pace? Since i am not incl Christchurch, are Mount Cook and Kaikoura reallly good or can be missed. Also have added Abel Tasman and kept 2 days as I have been reading great things on this forum on that region. What are the best areas to stay in terms of scenery and acces and what are the best activities. As to interest, enjoy beaches and things to do, but coming to NZ to hopefully see spectacular scenery. This wil prob be the only visit to NZ, so want to cover most "great" things without over rushing.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Instant Yahoo Mail 1888 260 2909 Reset Contact Yahoo Techh जादु Care
- 2 SH1 north of Kaikoura is open!
- 3 Franz Josef glacier is advancing
- 4 Melbourne lodging locations
- 5 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 6 Christmas in Cairns
- 7 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 8 30 Days Down Under
- 9 NYE Perth
- 10 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 11 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 12 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 13 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 14 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 15 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 16 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 17 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 18 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 19 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 20 2 week Australia recommendations
- 21 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 22 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 23 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase
- 24 New Zealand Trip- Last Minute Trip-Need Help With Itinerary
- 25 Australia + Surf