My husband and I are planning a trip to Sydney and NZ in January of next year to celebrate our 40th. Our actual anniversary is on Jan 26th so we want to be in Sydney on that day. Right now, we are planning about 5 days in Sydney and 5 days or so in NZ - perhaps Auckland. I am building in time for flying (from SFO) and getting over jet lag too. My main questions are about NZ - is Auckland a great place to go? Recommendations on what to see/do? Is 5 days too much? We do like cities, walking, eating, seeing the sights. I would love to see some of NZ's famed scenery as well.
Recommendations are most appreciated. We are looking to book this by the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Oklahoma vs Kansas
- 2 30 Days Down Under
- 3 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 4 Australia for two weeks.
- 5 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 6 Itinerary decisions
- 7 Melbourne lodging locations
- 8 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 9 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 10 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 11 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 12 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 13 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 14 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 15 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 16 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 17 First time visiting Australia
- 18 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 19 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 20 Australia dollar
- 21 Australia - first time
- 22 Sydney airport
- 23 Sydney Airport connecting flights
- 24 How many days for Auckland and Christchurch on a 30-day trip?
- 25 great barrfier reef