Which Great Barrier Reef Island

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:06 PM
oratl

Which Great Barrier Reef Island

I'd love some opinions on what would be a good choice for a GBR island. We have two kids ages 4 and 11. Dunk, Daydream and Lindeman all sound intereting from my research. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 03:59 AM
Liz

Dunk is a small island quite a long way from the other two. Daydream and Dunk are very small islands, so Linderman would be my choice or you could look at South Molle, Long Island, Hamilton to name a few. Perhaps you may prefer to stay on the mainland and just visit some of the islands for day trips. There are many places which would keep the kids happy - check out Club Crocodile

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Lucy

There was an excellent run down in the Sydney Morning Herald which gave succinct summaries on all the islands in Queensland a few weeks ago...heres the link
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/...864653249.html

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Chris

Hi
Well I've been to Lindeman and Dunk. Both great if you have kids. Lindeman's kids club is reknown for how well planned and how much fun the kids have. Activities are good too. Lindeman is on a very steep and hilly island and was pretty windy (we went in September). The only down side of Lindeman is the GO's. We (and others) found them useless, they were having too much fun being on the island and weren't helpful or very nice to you. Dunk Island was magic. Had lots of activities during the day but not much (or anything) at night. They had a live band every night but that was it. The kids club ran until 9pm which is good if you want to eat dinner in peace! Dunk was more relaxed. The accommodation was nicer at Lindeman. I too am trying to find more info (experiences) about Daydream, it looks good, but small. My sister went to South Molle and said it too was great for the kids etc, but apparently the rooms are in dire need of an upgrade? don't know, depends who you talk to I suppose.

Good Luck whereever you chose and be sure to tell us where you went and what it was like!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:22 AM
oratl

Thanks for all the replies. I think we are leaning toward Lindeman. I think my son would love the circus thing and I like all the stuff that is included. We will post a report when we get back.