Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

WHAT IS BETTER AND CHEAPER: DIY TRIP TO HAWAII, FIJI, NEW ZEALAND OR BROCHURE?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 03:56 AM
dina

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER I SHOULD ARRANGE MY OWN FLIGHTS AND HOTELS FOR MY TRIP NEXT YEAR TO LA, HAWAII (SP), FIJI AND NEW ZEALAND OR BOOK IT THROUGH A BROUCHURE LIKE KUONI ETC (BRITISH). AND IS 5 DAYS ENOUGH IN N.Z ?

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 06:48 PM
holly

hi Dina, <BR> It sounds like an exciting trip, hope the planning is going well. <BR>5 days does seem a rather short time in N.Z. so don't expect to see the whole country.It depends what you want out of your N.Z. experience as to where the best place to go would be. <BR>Beaches/ culture ....Rotorua, Coromandel, Bay of Islands. <BR>Adventure/scenery ...Queenstown.

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Rosa

I usually do all my own booking of transport & accomodation, but while planning my upcoming trip to LA (on way back to NZ) I have decided to mix a bit of both. Being based in London now, I am booking all my own flights and then using travel agents for hotel advice. They tell me the best hotels based on what I need and their price, then I go to the hotel website to get it atleast £20 per night cheaper! Takes the stress out of which hotels are good and which are not. <BR> <BR>5 days is much too short to do NZ - try extending it to 10 or 14. Very cheap on the pound. Book your flights through an agency - pick up a copy of TNT magazine for great flight deals (free from those red bins all around the UK). NZ is a great place for DIY planning. Use the internet to select your hotels etc and to plan your trip. Visit www.purenz.com for some help.

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 07:57 PM
Melissa

Hi there, I would definately spend some time shopping around for a deal. Fiji is rather cheap now. What is your budget? There is a great web site that is actually a link off of the fiji visitors bureau web page that has great prices. Are you going to the N island or the S island in NZ i have spent much time in both I just love it.

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 07:58 PM
melissa

oops i got cut off there. anyway check out the website for Fiji you WILL NOT be dissappointed. Fijivacations.com <BR>let me know what you think.