where to stay bora bora or moorea

Dec 27th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

where to stay bora bora or moorea

looking to stay a week in French Polynesia after a cruise but, don't know which is better as far as cost, Moorea or Bora Bora. Also, does anyone have any advice on places to stay.
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:06 AM

There are so many options depending on your budget and what activities you'd like to do. Either would be a good choice. Bora Bora is all about the lagoon. Moorea is stunning with the high mountains. We stayed in Moorea for a week prior to our cruise and loved it. Do you want resorts? Pensions?
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:28 AM

Moorea will be much less expensive than Bora Bora! Most of the hotels are a little cheaper on Moorea (even within the same chain), but the biggest savings is the airfare to Bora, which will cost you about $400 per person round trip (more or less, depending on the exchange rate when you buy it). You can get to Moorea by fast-speed ferry (30-minutes from Papeete), located very close to the cruise docks, for about $15 each.
Feb 25th, 2009, 07:31 AM

I stayed in an overwater bungalow at the Le Meridien on Bora Bora. We had such an amazing time. On site, there were free catamaran cruises, windsurfing, snorkeling, baby turtle santuary, sea kayaking...and there were a lot more things like helicopter rides, etc if you wanted to pay a fee.

I planned 2 weddings, one in the US and one in Australia, so we relaxed as much as possible on our honeymoon!! Although I don't have anything else to compare it to, I would highly recommend Le Meridien.

Search this Thread