Nugget point Queenstown

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 10:52 AM
jane smith

Nugget point Queenstown

just a warning to double check if you are thinking or are booked to stay at this hotel. There is renovations happening and the hotel is tired and dirty.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 05:19 PM
Joan

Thanks for the heads up. I am booked there and was having second thoughts about not staying directly in Queenstown. Your warning just made my decision easier. Did you see any hotels in Queenstown that you would rather have stayed at?

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 05:35 PM
DJ

We stayed there a year ago and really enjoyed the hotel. The place was in good condition at that time. Had a few very nice meals in the dining room. Hopefully it will be back up to luxury standard soon. as its in a lovely location.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 05:20 AM
John

Joan:<BR>We stayed at The Rydges which overlooks Lake Wakitipu and the Remarkables. Great place to stay. Breathtaking view. NZ$100 per night for two. The rooms are a bit jaded but clean. The staff is very helpful. Great breakfast. Walking distance to town.<BR>Check them out at www.rydges.com.<BR>Hope this helps.<BR>John<BR>

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 10:22 PM
jane smith

yes I agree the Rydges looked a better location. I do feel though that you should be prepared for a very tourist town. We stayed in Te Anau at Mount Prospect station which was brilliant.<BR><BR>We have since hear about Three other couples who also walked out of Nugget point for the same reasons. Dining room was moved to bar area so not fine dining as advertised. New owners since July and did not deal with complaints at all. Constant building work and everywhere was dirty. We had no water for a morning due to building work and no apology was given from the owners. There are too many other sites for this to be acceptable.