weather in October

Apr 4th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Karen

weather in October

Planning 3-week trip to New Zealand and Australia mid-October thru early Nov. Concerned about NZ. Help.

Apr 4th, 2002, 09:36 AM
ALF

October/November is the springtime, and can be quite nice in most parts of NZ. Temps at higher altitudes/latitudes can still be cool at night, and you can still expect quite a bit of rain on the SW coast of the South Island.

Apr 4th, 2002, 11:29 AM
jacquie

I was in NZ 2 yrs ago in very late November and into December. It was absolutely freezing in Queenstown and snowed on the hills around. It was 2 Deg.Celcius in Dunedin on December 6th ( my daughter's b'day)and the windchill factor made it about -10Celcuis. So it can be nice and it can be very very cold.

Apr 4th, 2002, 12:53 PM
Suzie

I was just there in Nov, 2001...plan for any kind of weather...we had it all. Rain, snow, hot and in-between. I had to buy warm clothes in Queenstown.
Regardless, you will have a great time.

Apr 4th, 2002, 11:31 PM
David

Well Karen, this is a hard question to answer. One week ago in Auckland was a great day...Good Friday, warm and a good outdoors day with the family. Then on Saturday autumn/winter arrived and its been here ever since. We are hoping for another warm spell before the cold sets in. October/November is exactly the same. You can get sun and warmth, you can get cloud, rain, cold and depending on where you are, snow.

My advice....come anyway!! Its a great country and you will enjoy...I am sure of that.

Cheers
David

Apr 4th, 2002, 11:32 PM
David

Well Karen, this is a hard question to answer. One week ago in Auckland was a great day...Good Friday, warm and a good outdoors day with the family. Then on Saturday autumn/winter arrived and its been here ever since. We are hoping for another warm spell before the cold sets in. October/November is exactly the same. You can get sun and warmth, you can get cloud, rain, cold and depending on where you are, snow.

My advice....come anyway!! Its a great country and you will enjoy...I am sure of that.

Cheers
David