WANTING TO GO!

Sep 7th, 1998, 08:44 PM
LESLEY

WANTING TO GO!

I WILL BE 18 ON THE 27th OF THIS MONTH AND WOULD LIKE TO TRAVEL TO AUSTRALIA AS EITHER A GRADUATION GIFT OR JUST ON MY OWN. AUSTRALIA IS THE ONLY PLACE I WANT TO GO BEFORE I DIE AND I NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO GET THERE! I PRINTED OUT THE MINI-GUIDES ON SYDNEY AND MELBOURNE BUT STILL CRAVE MORE INFO. HELP MY DREAM BECOME A REALITY!

Sep 9th, 1998, 04:00 PM
Peg

Lesley, the top selling travel book about Oz. is Lonely Planet's guide to Australia. Even though i live in Australia I use it if I'm going interstate. It is a great way to research the country, particularly if you are considering doing some backpacking. Peg.

Sep 9th, 1998, 06:58 PM
Peg

Thank you for your quick response! I appreciate the info. I"ll check it out!

Sep 11th, 1998, 05:42 AM
Holly Wallace

Lesley--

I am 23 and just fulfilled my dream of going to Austraila. It is truly an amazing place. My sister and I started in Sydney, then went to Ayers Rock, Alice Springs, and finished in Port Douglus (the Great Barrier Reef).

I would go back in a heartbeat. I must admit, my favorite place was the Great Barrier Reef, it was truly the most amazing experience. My sister and I spent 5 days snorkeling on the reef, and it was well worth it. Once you arrive in a town near the reef, you will have to pay close to 100$ US to take a boat to the reef and they will supply snorkeling equipment, and food. It is expensive on a budget, but we had booked only one day to go to the reef, and once we went out once, we couldn;t stop. I recommend the Posideon boat. They hit 3 spots of the reef per day and they go to different spots everyday. We started on the boat Quicksilver, but did not like it very much because there was 300 people on the boat and they only stop at one spot, it was great for families, but no for younger people.
Also the outback was beautiful, we did a lot of hiking, but since the towns are so small you will not need to spend much time there.

Also my sister and I got a great deal traveling through Quantas airlines, check it out! We got deals on hotels and car rentals, etc...

Also I hear Brisbane is great!

Have a wonderful time!!

Search this Thread