Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   Vatulele vs. Yasawa (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/vatulele-vs-yasawa-206981/)

Troy Jan 26th, 2003 09:31 AM

Vatulele vs. Yasawa

Planning a honeymoon to Fiji and would like peoples opinions about Vatulele and Yasawa, especially from someone that has been to both. Would it be better to go to both or stay at one. Planning for 10 nights.<BR><BR>Thanks for the information.

DJ Jan 26th, 2003 12:37 PM

Sorry that I can't comment on Vatulele but we did stay at the Yasawa resort a couple of years ago and enjoyed our stay immensely. We spent 5 days in paradise and found the accomodations very good and the resort very private, Also had excellent cuisine. The staff were wonderful and friendly. You can do lots of water activities, easy hiking, or just kick back and relax. It's wonderful to get up in the early morning and go for a walk on a deserted beach. Evenings in the lounge for pre dinner drinks with the other guests was fun. All in all a great place. I think you could divide up your time in both resorts if you want to. The rest of our vacation was divided up between a fe days in Nadi and then a stop in Kauai on the way home.

318830 Jan 29th, 2003 04:34 AM

Troy:<BR>I'm deciding between Vatulele and Yasawa for our honeymoon also. Please let me know if you gather any info.<BR>Thanks.

PeggyE Jan 29th, 2003 04:56 PM

In thetext search type in Vatulele &amp; you get a lot of posts with info about Vatulele I have posted. In all honesty, you can't go wrong eith either resort.

Louis Jan 30th, 2003 04:57 PM

There is considerable difference between the flora and fauna in the two areas. I would make the following suggestion. Go to Vatulele and then take a 3 night Blue Lagoon Cruise to visit the Yasawa area. I think you will enjoy the change.

Sloane Feb 5th, 2003 05:56 AM

Troy - My husband and I spent 10 days at Yasawa in April/May 2002. It was an incredible trip. Don't know your time frame, but the weather definitely cleared up after May 1, start of the dry season. The resort was incredible. Definitely a great place for a honeymoon, we were there for our anniversary. We met some great people as well. The staff couldn't be friendlier. Just the treatment you get makes you want to return. The bures are very spacious and open. If you don't get the Lomalagi bure, I'd highly recommend requesting Bure 16, as it's at the far end away from the main area and we felt it was the most private of the deluxe bures. The beach and water are gorgeous - great snorkeling right out front of the restaurant and pool. We haven't been to Vatulele, but are considering it for our 5th anniv. trip next year. It's hard to not want to go back to Yasawa though! Splitting up the time between the two might be an option, given that Louis mentioned the flora and fauna being different. Could be a good way to go, although see how much travel time there would be inbetween...not sure if you'd want to lose a day to travel in the middle of the trip. Either way you go, you'll have an amazing time in Fiji.