Search

Fiji Captain Cook Cruises

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Lori

Fiji Captain Cook Cruises

Does anyone have any input on Captain Cook cruises of Fiji? I've seen Blue Lagoon mentioned several times, but not Cap'n. I am looking for something to do for 4 days before I go to Garden Island Taveuni to dive. Thanks!

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Capt. Orca

I'm also interested in Capt. Cook cruises, but will do the Barrier Reef. I'd like to hear about the rooms, the food, the staff, the equipment passengers use, and of course, the itinerary.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Diane

Lori,<BR>The first time I went on the BL cruise was '81 and it was, as far as I know, the only one doing it at the time. I believe that the Captain Cook cruises started sometime in the last ten years. The Blue Lagoon has smaller vessels which is what appealed to me. I have been extremely happy both in '81 and in 2000 when I last went. Friends of mine have taken the Captain Cook 4 day sailing trip and enjoyed that. That is something I would also like to do.<BR>Diane

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 03:41 AM
Winston Doyle

My wife and I went on a Captain Cook cruise in 2001. After a wonderful experience with the same company years earlier out of Cairns we were very disappointed with the Fiji cruise.<BR>On the other hand we were also disppointed with Blue Lagoon.<BR>In both cases the staff was offhand, the food ordinary and there was nothing about which to enthuse.<BR>Taveuni diving is to die for.<BR>

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:03 AM
brandi

I would highly recommend that you do the Blue Lagoon Fiji Cruise instead of Capt. Cook. The reasons are numerous, but it comes down to this: I have just heard much better responses from Blue Lagoon clients than Caption Cook. <BR>Brandi

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Lyndie

Re Captain Cook-we sailed in Dec 2001 and enjoyed our trip however do not stay in top deck staterooms if u get seasick. The boat rolled quite a lot and was built for cruising rivers not open water. The food was great-staff friendly and overall we'd rate it a 8 out of 10. We will try Blue Lagoon next!