Tassie info for you.....

Nov 2nd, 2002, 07:28 AM
x

Tassie info for you.....

Cradle Mountain to Devonport took me 2 hours, and Devonport to Launceston another 2 hours. So, I imagine it would roughly take you 4 hours unless there is a more direct route.

Just came back from Tassie and loved it. Felt really privileged to see it. Best route is to hire a car and go. The people are ever so friendly and kind and happy to see travellers in their state. Food is amazing, B&B's really nice.

In Cradle Mountain, we stayed at Wilderness Lodge which was nice and cabinlike. We ate at the pub at Cradle Mountain Lodge which was a really cozy, comfy atmosphere. The food was amazing!!! We ate this lamb where the meat literally fell off the bone. It was so tender and yummy. Everything else was good as well. Highly recomend it....and be sure to get the lamb.

If you stop by Mole Creek, or perhaps get to go there on your way back to Launceston, there is an incredibly nice cottage owned by Karin and Heinz. Don't remember the name of the place.....it was off the main road though. You can get a map at the info centre at the main hotel/restaurant (which I don't recommend staying there at all though) and it is marked. It is really quaint, rustic, cabinlike, nice decor, good homemade bread for breakfast, sheep grazing literally behind your backdoor. Very romantic.....highly recommend it!! Best place I've stayed at and only $88 AUD for 2 bedrooms.

If you stop at St. Helen's there is a very nice seafood restaurant on a boat called The Paddle Wheeler. Good food and good service. Very nice atmosphere. Go at sunset....lovely.

At Coles's Bay, near Freycinet National Park, there is the Royle Retreat B&B which has good service, clean rooms, very nice and reasonable. Delicious breakfast. There is also a very nice restaurant there called Madge Malloys which I highly highly highly recommend. Excellent food, worth every cent! Thoroughly enjoyed it there.

Sorry the above is scattered. Hope you get to visit some of those places. I wish I could go again.....

Nov 26th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Sarah

Dear X, i am planing to go to Tazzie in January next year and would like to know if you have any information on
Gordon River Cruises
World Heritage Cruises
or
Pt Author Historic Ghost tours

any info would be great please send it to me e-mail address if you can help

kind regards
Sarah Wyatt

Nov 27th, 2002, 04:44 PM
wayne

Great info. I'll be going to Tassie in 3 wks time. Can I ask what the temp is like on cradle mt? I''ll be bringing my 15mth old baby.

Also how long does it take to drive fr Launceston to Freycinet? Many thanks.

Search this Thread