Tahiti cruise vs island hoping in March

Old Jul 7th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Tahiti cruise vs island hoping in March

We would like to go for our 30th wedding anniversary. We've never been there before. First, is late March a good time to go? Is the cost less if you get some vacation package and stay on the islands compared to doing a Paul G cruise? I guess I am worried that the constant rocking of a small boat won't be great. Also, for health reasons I cannot swim but my husband can so he wants to sign up for group activities. Thanks for any help.
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Hi Wonderer,

I've done both for clients, it depends on what you like, but I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with a Paul G cruise, they do an amazing job!

Looking at the airfare I recently did for clients (who are flying back tomorrow actually), I can tell you that their inter-island airfare between Bora Bora to La Taha'a was $1048 alone; then the transfers to/from the airport to 2 hotels was and back to the Papeete airport was $504, if that gives you an idea.

Food's very expensive in French Polynesia, and with the cruise, your meals are included, and top notch food and service it is too.

While the ship isn't a mega-liner like some cruise ships, it's not a boat either - it has stablizers so there won't be "constant rocking" either.

Hope this is helpful!

Regards,

Melodie
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Very helpful. Thanks!
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

How can I find out what the weather is like in March?
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 06:31 PM

Great advice from Melody on the cruise part. I would however also price out a resort stay. March being the low season many of the resorts offer special rates that include a free night and often a buffet breakfast. As far as the weather is concerned it is towards the end of the hot humid season and the weatera bit more rainy season and during my visits that time of the year I had perfectly nice weather.
Sunny Regards Uschi
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 06:42 PM

PS....historical weather can be found on this site

www.weatherbase.com

Sunny Regards Uschi
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 10:24 AM

Just a thought of another cruise to think about.
The Aranui 3 takes you to the Marquesas Islands. It is the freighter that services these islands.
We are going on it in Aug. and look forward to seeing so much you cannot see on the other cruises.
www.aranui.com

Might as well see other options.

We are also staying on Moorea for 3 nites and Bora Bora for 6.

Whatever you plan have a great trip.
Janet