Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   Sydney - Auckland on Virgin Blue, Brisbane Airport transfer? (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/sydney-auckland-on-virgin-blue-brisbane-airport-transfer-591359/)

ZfromWinnipeg Feb 15th, 2006 09:04 AM

Sydney - Auckland on Virgin Blue, Brisbane Airport transfer?

I am planning to fly on Virgin Blue from Sydney to Auckland. There is a change in plane at Brisbane. I understand that there are two airports in Brisbane, domestic and international. Can some tell me if I would have to change to International airport at Brisbane to make the connecting flight to Auckland? I can't get this information from the Virgin Blue web site. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

margo_oz Feb 15th, 2006 05:38 PM

Let me get this straight - you're flying from Sydney to Auickland via Brisbane?

Why?

Unlike Sydney Brisbane airports are in the same location. Still confused, though!

fuzzylogic Feb 16th, 2006 02:05 AM

Who said there are 2 airports in Brisbane? I think you might mean that there are two "terminals"- hey, Heathrow has four - no big deal. In Brissie I doubt they would be more than a few 100 metres apart. I havfve-auqwoulddreyem, wst

fuzzylogic Feb 16th, 2006 02:12 AM

Who said there are 2 airports in Brisbane? I think you might mean that there are two "terminals" - hey, no big deal. Many places have separate terminals for domestic and international. Heathrow, for example, has four.

In Brissie I doubt they would be more than a few 100 metres apart. I have flown into BRS on an international flight, and I have flown in often domestic but I've never had to change from one to the other.

As Auckland is in a different country, and therefore international, I guess you will have to change "terminals" but I wouldn't stress out about it too much.

ZfromWinnipeg Feb 16th, 2006 07:30 AM

Honestly, I am not confused. Brisbane International terminal is 2Km away from domestic terminal and you have to take a shuttle or a taxi. You can check Brisbane Airport Web site at www.bne.com.au . the reason I have to fly via Brisbane is not by choice but because that is Virgin Blue Hub and they route their flights through Brisbane on most days and on one day via Gold Coast. I suspect that I will have to change terminals 2Km away unless I am wrong. If true it will be a bit of a hassle unless baggage is handled automatically by the airline. By the way the reason I wish to fly Virgin Blue is because the air fares are much cheaper than Qantas which has direct flights. So, still could use some help.

Many thanks,
Zfrom winnipeg

wally34949 Feb 16th, 2006 08:57 AM

The domestic and international terminals are on the other sides of the runways. You will have to take a bus to get from one terminal to the other (unless you pack really light and run marathons.