Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   suggestions about fiji pls (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/suggestions-about-fiji-pls-308288/)

youngtom2910 Apr 18th, 2003 09:17 AM

suggestions about fiji pls

I plna to stop in Fiji for about 3 days on my to Aus. Any thoughts about special places to stay, see, etc?

KathyNZ Apr 18th, 2003 09:36 PM

Don't stay on the mainland, from Nadi take a plane or boat to one of the islands such as Plantation and enjoy the water sports and ambience of the Fiji Islands. If you really want to stay near Nadi the two Sheraton hotels are your best choice but the beaches there are not as good as the islands.

Debi Apr 21st, 2003 06:43 AM

I agree with Kathy - our friends made reservations and we stayed at the Sheraton on Nadi - you don't want to do that. If you look at some of the older threads on Fiji - there sounds like there are some fabulous places on the outer islands - definitely do that!!!

Lynette Apr 21st, 2003 08:42 AM

Part of our trip to Fiji included a 3 night sailboat trip with Captain Cook Cruises. You do not say what would interest you or your age, but if you are into a soft adventure experience, something like a camping trip and great snorkeling, this might fit the bill.<BR>It was a highlight for us because it was different.

youngtom2910 Apr 21st, 2003 08:46 AM

lynette--thanks--do you have contact info for captain cook cruises

maryk Apr 21st, 2003 02:00 PM

For the cruises check out www.bluelagooncruises.com or www.captaincook.com.au. The Fiji visitors site at www.bulafiji.com has lots of information andlinks to all accomodation options. I agree with KathyNZ - don't stay on the mainland - go to an island or do a cruise. My preference is for Blue lagoon as they have smaller ships.

Lynette Apr 21st, 2003 02:10 PM

The website is as Mary stated<BR>www.captaincook.com.au<BR>click on sailing safari for more details. They offer 2 options for Fiji,<BR>either 3 days/2nights or 4days/3nights. If you are interested I wrote a bit of a trip report when we got back from our trip. It will give you my perspective on the sailing safari..<BR>Just drop me a line at [email protected] and I can email it to you.

Teresa Apr 22nd, 2003 08:52 AM

We did the Blue Lagoon Cruise for our honeymoon and we loved it. There were only about 15 couples and the food and staff were great. We really enjoyed it.

sneezey Apr 24th, 2003 09:08 AM

The Nadi hotels are impersonal, and outter islands do have a lot to offer. But let's not dismiss the whole of Viti Levu either. For those that find outter islands expensive the Coral Coast is on the mainland but a less expensive alternative. And seeing Suva is worthwhile as well. At 3 days it may not leave alot of time.

travelguy May 7th, 2003 12:02 PM

Navini Island Resort is a great place to spend a few days. It is only a half hour car ride from the airport then a half hour speedboat ride to the island which is surrounded by a reef and has excellent white sand beaches. Only 10 bure on the entire island. You can check out the website - prices are reasonable and you can book direct!

travelguy May 7th, 2003 12:04 PM

www.navinifiji.com.fj

derrinraw Jun 1st, 2003 07:02 PM

I agree with sneezy Suva is worth a visit 8-|