Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

6 days and 5 nights in Fiji - recommended itinerary?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2015, 02:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to Fiji for the first time from April 2-April 7th. I like to pack as much as we can when we travel - beach, hiking, activities, culture. I typically also rent a car and drive to places. We would welcome any itinerary recommendations for those 6 days, 5 nights - where to go, where to stay, what to do, what not to miss.

For instance, I was wondering if I should spend my trip in the Mananuca and Yasawa Island group OR on the main Island?

thank you!
Old Mar 19th, 2015, 06:33 PM

I really enjoyed this .... river boat when I was there ...which included a village visit. http://sigatokariver.com/
Old Mar 21st, 2015, 02:17 PM

I wouldn't rent a car. Just hire a taxi all day for a drive around to whatever you want. One trip we passed a rugby stadium where a world cup match was being played - Fiji v Tonga I think and we, including the taxi driver got out and went. We paid for everything. It was so cheap. The driver answered our questions, even showed me where the ladies bathroom was and we all had a great day. The driver can take you to a village, gardens or just let you see the scenery as you drive past.

When you are on an island resort there isn't much to do. If you stay on the mainland you can take day trips out there and spend the day I the sun.

I don't think I'd classify Fiji as having any "don't miss" tourist attractions, but that's just my opinion.