RITZ RESORT Gold Coast

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:13 AM
Sheryl

RITZ RESORT Gold Coast

Just saw some info on this hotel that looked very appealing. Does anyone have any advice re this place. Still trying to come up with just the right place on the Gold Coast. It sounds like Broadbeach is probably where we want to stay, but there are so many choices!!!! How do we decide. We would like a place with a kitchen if possible.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 01:24 PM
Matt

I don't know the Ritz Resort but it looks good on its website. Its only drawback seems to be that its back a little from the beach, so I don't think you'll get coastal views, which can be spectacular.
In Broadbeach, ideally you want a newish beachfront apartment with all facilities and within easy walking distance from the mall, as you'll probably find yourself lugging plenty of shopping bags from Woolworths. There are plenty of places that meet these reqts, it just comes down to price.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Sheryl

Thanks for the info on the Ritz. I understand that are many, many choices, I'm having trouble coming up with the right one. I would be interested in a place on the beach with great views. We're not opposed to spending what it takes to get a really nice place. We definitely want a 2-bedroom. Any ideas?

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Matt

We always stay at a place called South Pacific Plaza (www.southpacificplaza.com). Its perfectly located and has spectacular views, especially from the 2 bedroom apartments on the southern side, high up. Its not that new brand new, but has all the conveniences, each 2-bedder room has 2 bathrooms a full kitchen, laundry, cable TV. The complex has undercover parking, a pool, sauna and tennis court. Its adjacent to the pedestrian mall and across the road and park from Kurrawa Surf Club and the patrolled beach.
A bit further away from the mall, but still park/beachfront, Carmel by the Sea (www.carmelbythesea.com.au) is the newest and swishest place in the immediate area, if you're looking for more luxury.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Sheryl

Thanks, I'll check it out. How would Coolangata area compare to Broadbeach? How far is it. Our daughter will be at the Bond University and we want to visit with her while we're there.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 05:04 PM
tongsa

Any one heard of the Equinox at the Surfers Paradise? AM getting turned down from every corner!!!

And, also, now trying to stay at Bellingen as Nambucca is all full up! Any tips? Liz - Cannot find the Pubs at Urunga. The only palce I got was the Pub with no beer! Shd I take that?

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 05:16 PM
john

Tongsa
the pub with no beer is at Taylors arm...way up the nambucca river.Don't stay up there.

Bellingen is a nice spot..there are some farmstays nearby.
You might like to try places like scotts head, bowraville for a b&b.There might be a B&b or farmstay up on the Dorrigo plateau.

There are several larger resorts near coffs harbour that might not be full.

Make sure you know clearly what australian pub accomadation is like before you stay at one.