Ripples for dinner in early October?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering what it might be like to have dinner at Ripples at Milson's Point in early October?

Is it take out, and then you find a seat outside? Is it likely to be too cold at the beginning of October? (I'm thinking we'd want to eat around 6:30 or 7:00). How are the views?

I had liked the idea of walking the bridge to Milson's Point in the morning, and then eating breakfast at Ripples. But, I don't think that will work out for us.

So, then my idea was to take the ferry to Milson's Point in late afternoon, wander around Luna Park for a bit (they close at 6:00), maybe take some sunset pictures, and then eat at Ripples.

Just wondering what the experience might be like at night?
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Can't speak for Ripples.

We ate at Aqua Dining (next door) in April, and it was fantastic. The view would be much the same, and the owners are the same, I think, but Ripples doesn't have the large price tag of Aqua.

It's a nice area.
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 07:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Caligirl,

http://www.aquadining.com.au/
Just follow the links & you'll see some of the views for yourself.

It's BYO (Bring Your Own wine)and has fantastic reviews. I've not been there, but have eaten many times at it's sibling, Aqua Dining and if the experience there is any guide, you'll have a fantastic evening. If you're taking some wine, I'm sure you could drop it off to be refrigerated at Ripples when you arrive,then go for a walk. Alternatively, they could advise you where to find the closest bottle shop. If you prefer beer, ask if that's ok as some places stipulate BYO wine only. There may be a small "corkage" charge (usually something in the order of $4/bottle).

October is mid-Spring here; Daylight Saving (clocks forward one hour) will start on 5th October this year* and sunset will be 7.01 according to the weather site. Temps probably early-mid 20's C.
Just take a light wrap/jacket in case there's a breeze on the harbour.

SO - you would have a superb sight - sunset on the harbour to the west, glinting off the sails of the Opera House to the East.

* If the NSW Premier, Morris the Marvellous doesn't manage to mess that up too and change his pea-sized mind in the interim.
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 02:06 AM

Ripples is a great restaurant with a fab view. Take a jacket or something warm as it can be windy down by the water.

enjoy
Schnauzer
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 04:30 AM

Only ever done brekkie in December, but if you get lucky it'll be a gorgeous balmy night. In case you don't, take a light jacket just in case. And if it happens to be blowing a gale, just walk up the hill to Kirribilli village (adjacent to Milson's Point Station) where there are more eateries to chose from.

To be honest many Sydney eateries get the patio heaters out to enable folk to stay outside when it's really not warm enough. Lovely, of course, but what a waste of heat.

Suspect that may be something we'll see less of now that climate change has finally become a mainstream topic of concern.
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the replies. Ripples it is, then! Can't wait.

And Bokhara, sounds like you feel the same way about your Premier as we feel about our own Pres. Bush. (Luckily we'll be done with him soon!).