Search

barossa valley wine tours

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
barossa valley wine tours

Can someone recommend a good company that provides a one day tour of the wine region. I'm hoping to find one that is limited to maximum of 10 people and spends most of the time visiting wineries rather than focusing on shopping and sightseeing. Thanks much
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 08:08 PM

I can't, I'm sorry, but this site might get you started:
www.barossa.com/site/page.cfm
Good luck.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 05:46 AM
dkw

Hi Jscootdc,

Our hotel suggested "Life is a Cabernet". Ralf, the guide/owner is extremely knowledgeable and an entertaining guide. He limits his tour to 6 people and drives a very confortable van. We were fortunate to be the only ones taking his tour that day.

He took us to 6 different Cellar Doors and we stopped for both a nice snack in the morning and a great lunch at a beautiful restaurant called the Vintners (I think that's the name).

He knew everyone everywhere we went and we were able to try some very special wines because we were with him. The wineries we visited were: Grant Burge, Rockford, Peter Lehmann, Kabminye, Elderton and Cockatoo Ridge. Ralf kept notes on which wines we tried and enjoyed and gave us sheets indicating that so we could try to find those particular wines at home.

Initially, we were hesitant to book with him because the cost was quite a bit more than the bus tours available. Our hesitation was unfounded. As soon as we met him we knew that we had made the right decision.

The e-mail address I have for him is: [email protected]

Hope that this helps!

DKW
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:16 AM
dkw

OOPS - a typo on the above e-mail address

It should read : [email protected]
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 06:39 AM

Greetings we took 2 private tours last Dec and had a fantastic time!

Joe Heyes was our guide and you can reach him at http://www.culturaltourism.com.au/

We can't say enough good things about Joe. Joe setup a tour to meet our interests and when we go back next year we will book at least 2 more days with him. He can also add some other interesting things to your tour besides wineries if you are interested. Please say hi for us if you use him

Cheers

Steve and Andrea
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:45 PM

I saw a review in one of the sunday newspapers this week for a daimler tour of the barossa that seemed like a nice idea for something different.

http://www.barossadaimlertours.com.au/
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 12:53 AM

Whatever tour you choose, make sure they just don't visit the large wineries - check out the tours that visit the small wineries, much more interesting. Must do on list - Rockford - their Basket Press shiraz is to die for, Bethany and Charles Melton are great as well - enjoy