Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   Qantas red-e-deals specials (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/qantas-red-e-deals-specials-540837/)

Lyndie Jun 30th, 2005 08:46 PM

Qantas red-e-deals specials

Qantas has some great "red-e-deals" on from 26/7 to 13/9. Just bagged Newcastle to Sydney for half price so we're laughing. Will enable us to connect with our intl flight to Colombo. Some flights may be cheaper on Jetstar but for us, Qantas is the only airline flying from Ncle to Sydney. Check out www.qantas.com.au for their red-e-deals specials. Happy travels.

tropo Jul 2nd, 2005 05:07 PM

Lyndie - hows this for a special fare.
Jetset had a few one way specials from Sydney to Hervey Bay for $9. There were others for $39, then $79, but they have been sold out now, and its back to full price.
They were the "special fares" for the new air route.
You should see how the new Hervey Bay Jet Terminal is coming along (very nice indeed). The lengthening of the airstrip for jets has been completed.
Work on the Peppers Resort Hotel has started, and other high rise apartments are nearly finished. Just the Ramada Hotel to go in next year.
Fortunately, there is a 6 storey height limit, and buildings wont shade the beach.

Lyndie Jul 2nd, 2005 09:12 PM

Hi tropo-not too keen on Hervey Bay. We disliked the sandflies intensely! I know it's really a nice town and it's good that the infrastructure is improving there, but those damn sand flies loved me! I've got my piece of paradise near Bundaberg so will head up for some warmth in the next few weeks, I hope! Yes, the low airfares are amazing and one needs to get in early to nab a deal! Have fun & stay happy!

Jed Jul 3rd, 2005 07:57 AM

Last year we had to fly from Auckland to Christchurch. The Quantas Red e-deal was NZ90, then raised to 105. Fearing it would go higher, I took it. A week later it was back to 90. Still was better than Air NZ. ((R))

Lyndie Jul 3rd, 2005 04:12 PM

Hi Jed-one never knows when or whether to buy these discount fares but as long as you got a good deal-why worry, heh? I just love to bag a bargain, like everyone does. I see from the web that many of the special are now sold out. It feels goooood to win sometime! Have fun!

tropo Jul 3rd, 2005 09:37 PM

Lyndie - I think they call them midges in Hervey Bay, not sand flies. You only get them in certain places, only in certain times in summer, at only places like River Heads, Burrum Heads, and Eli Waters (a suburb of H/Bay). Its funny, I have been living in the Bay for 12 months now, and I don't feel any midges, I guess one builds up a resistance to them.
A bit trivia....midges give any itch to the skin, not by biting, but by urinating on your skin.
If you come past the Bay on your way to Bundy, pop in and have a look at whats happening, it will put Bargara to shame.

Lyndie Jul 3rd, 2005 09:54 PM

tropo-okey dokey, will do. Roger wilco-over & out!

tropo Jul 5th, 2005 05:33 PM

Lyndie, I was only informing you of the facts of the bite of midges, and other things happening up this way, seeing you don't live in Qld. I think you should grow up, and try not give stupid replies like you gave.

Lyndie Jul 5th, 2005 05:44 PM

Sheesh Tropo-I'm sorry your sense of humour has deserted you! It was a joke and a way of saying "I will do what you suggest" and "Bye for now". Words such as these were commonly used by aviators. I was simply referring back to the subject of the post!

I'm quite grown up and certainly hope you regain your composure soon. All the very best to you!