Price for a 2 berth motorhome for 30 days

Nov 20th, 2002, 03:21 PM
carolyn

Price for a 2 berth motorhome for 30 days

Hi,
We are planning to be in NZ from mid feb. to mid mar. Does anyone have an idea of what we could expect to pay for a 2 berth motorhome?
Do they add on mileage to daily rates etc.?
Thanks

Nov 20th, 2002, 05:09 PM
ALF

Rates are very sensitive to season. Usually, there is a significant drop in rates at the end of February. There is also usually a good price break at around 20 days hire. Most campervan companies do not charge for distance traveled. My guess is that the best you will be able to do will be NZ $100 per day at that time of year and for that length of time. The current exchange rate is slightly less than US$ .48 per NZ $, so I would say that you are looking at about US $1,500. You may end up paying US $200-300 additional for insurance with a reasonable excess (deductible).

Nov 20th, 2002, 06:19 PM
Carolyn

Thanks ALF

I would be looking at a Canadian dollar exchange. Your info has been helpful.
Do you know if we could rent one in Rotorura?

Nov 21st, 2002, 12:10 PM
Lin

Carolyn,
I'd love to hear about your trip to NZ once you're done. [email protected] We too are Canucks. We planeed to visit Oz and NZ this winter but have had to change our plans to Oz only. (Certainly not a hardship!) Try NJ Campervans, there prices seem quite good in Oz. Next time we head downunder we will definitely be visiting NZ.
Cheers!

Search this Thread