I'm having a moment again!!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this on the Lounge but the locals might be interested.

Okay, so here is a media release of the new Hollywood Stunt Driver show opening at Movie World on Boxing Day.

http://themeparkphotography.com/TPP_Hsdm.html

Scroll down and my son is the 4th on left when the drivers are walking in. Keep scrolling and you'll see Mattie, with his beaming smile beneath Guy Andrews photo.

Man, I have so got butterflies just thinking about it.

Old Dec 8th, 2008, 07:41 PM

Be great if personal moments were just left in the lounge so travellers do not have to sort through this kind of gunk to find their posts and/or get relevant info.
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Original Poster

Oh get over yourself Bushranger!
Old Dec 8th, 2008, 11:32 PM

Bushranger, many of us here can't be bothered with the lounge, stormbird has been posting here for ages and am glad to hear of her son's achievements, which are directly related to tourism in Australia, anyway.

Thanks stormbird, Mattie looks like a nice kid, (also have a son named Matt)next time am down that way will take one of the many grandkids to Movie World and say "that's Stormbird's son".
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 01:07 AM

I think I know that face stormbird - thanks for posting it on here because I do not go on the Lounge anyway.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 02:37 AM

Hardly ever look on lounge either, but thought I would for stormbirds post. There was Neil Oz, with the longest post title probably ever thought of (nice one Neil) just before someone was asking about dog valium.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Pat and Lizzy,

Yes, I thought it was related to tourism so didn't hesitate. And we have been friends for quite some time now on this board haven't we?

Somebody is going to have to figure this site out and realise that there isn't a lot of room for 'flaming' particularly here on the Aussie site. I know one of his 'flames' in the lounge was actually removed it was so rude!

Anyway, ladies thanks again for checking in and lending your support! I will let you know how the opening goes!
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 05:37 AM

Hey Storm!

I was momentarily distracted by that Guy Andrews..., but managed to keep scrolling down to see your son - congratulations and I'm sure the opening will be a big success!

Regards,

Melodie
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 12:11 PM

Had/have a few friends who work at Movie World but havn't been there myself for yonks.
I hear from one of them that Sea World put off 30 staff last Friday - some of them had been with the company for years. I would imagine that with the down turn in tourism because of the credit squeeze times are a bit tough now.
Thinking of the weather around S.E Qld of late stormbird, I bet you have been in full voice recently!!!!!
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Hi Lizzy,
Yes it is true what you heard about Movie World. Hollywood Stunt Driver cast are not under review, thankfully! It is a sign of tough times for sure.

Oh and regards the weather I am just about hoarse! But it is a stinker today that's for sure!

Many thanks Lizzy
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Ooooh and Lizzy <I think I know that face> you do?

Hi Melodie and thanks!
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 05:43 PM

I think a certain newbie poster has been down at Magnet Mart again, practicing deep-breathing in the paint department. This seems to be an increasing problem, judging by a trail of decreasingly coherent posts on the Lounge lately.

Personally I think there's room for a bit of latitude on this forum. The Lounge is there for general argy-bargy, but it's highly Americocentric, many of its contributors appear to have no interest whatever in foreign travel or countries, and items mainly of interest to us Antipodeans tend to go down like a lead balloon.

(Thanks, Pat - to my cost I haunt the Lounge a fair bit and was getting driven to distraction by some of the trivia being posted there. But damn, I wish I'd thought of dog valium!)

Old Dec 9th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Original Poster

So Neil, it wasn't just me thinking that the coherency of a certain someone's posts were getting a bit strange to say the very least. I'm glad you mentioned it - I was starting to think that maybe it was me. But yes it could be the paint.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Ooooh and Lizzy <I think I know that face> you do?

Well Stormbird, at my age every nice young man looks like the next nice young man I guess OR it could be the I should have got the new glasses sooner than later.
Merry Christmas...... be sure to use that term and NOT be politically correct.
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Original Poster

Lizzy - sister I hear you, Merry, Merry Christmas to all!
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 12:45 AM

Yeah when tou look at half truths spewed out it'd have to be more than paint.
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 02:33 AM

Yeah, just like the less than half truth you posted on a current thread regarding Port Stephens and Hunter Valley.
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 04:27 AM

And what half truth would that be Pat?
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 05:52 PM

Hello stormbird, I pop onto the Australian forum from time to time. I saw your post on the Lounge Forum. I can imagine the joy you have regarding your son, good looking fellow by the way with a terrific smile. Watching young people reach their goals is such a happy event isn't it. Butterflies, I sure understand. And I have a Mattie in our family too who is doing so well. A bit older then your Mattie, he is now married and a father of a precious little boy.

Best wishes from Northern California!

Old Dec 11th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Oh thank you Love, it is always so nice to hear from you. Most Mattie's I know are what I like to call 'wascally wabbits' - you know no matter what mischief they get up to you just can't get too mad at them. That smile gets them out of a lot of trouble.

I am delighted for our Mattie, he ultimately wants to be a stunt driver in Hollywood so I really hope this position at Movie World is the first step to reaching that goal.

In the meantime Love I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -