Notices

Pacific Honeymoon Oct 2014

Jan 2nd, 2014, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Pacific Honeymoon Oct 2014

Hi there,

My fiance and I are very interested in honeymooning somewhere in the pacific islands this coming fall. We love the overwater bungalows (although we probably wouldn't stay there the entire time to save some money) and this is a must. We haven't set a firm budget yet, as we are still trying to figure out what the average price is for what we want. We have looked a little into the French Polynesian islands but are unsure where we should go. We want the best value of amazing experience (including food, views, accomodations, and available activities) versus the cost. I have heard Bora Bora has really ramped up the tourism lately and is quite a bit more expensive than other islands, is this true? is it worth the cost difference?

We are also open to other islands that offer a similar experience if the price will be much lower. Although we are trying to save money after just paying for a wedding, we still want this to be a luxurious and relaxing trip as it will be our only honeymoon.

If anyone has any suggestions for locations that would be great. We are thinking around 10 days not including travel (from and to western Canada) at the very beginning of October.

Thanks!!
Jan 2nd, 2014, 03:04 PM

Although it's in the Indian Ocean, you might look into the Maldives, where there's an island for every budget. My other half as been diving there on an annual basis for 16 years. He goes to Bandos, which is affordable and family-friendly; but its just one of the 105 Maldivian resort islands.

http://www.visitmaldives.com/en
Jan 4th, 2014, 07:28 AM

Hi, jeneva, the Cook Islands are very wedding/honeymoon friendly. They're in the Pacific South Seas, beautiful volcanic and coral Polynesian islands, a bit west towards New Zealand from Tahiti. Check out Aitutaki Lagoon Resort, much like Bora Bora but better priced.
Jan 7th, 2014, 01:59 PM

We just went to Fiji and loved it. Look at Namale, Yasawa Island Resort, Navini. Beautiful beaches, water, snorkeling and diving.

Search this Thread