Notices

Orient-Express

Jun 11th, 1997, 12:58 PM
Michael P. Butler

Orient-Express

Please provide me with information on the Orient-Express. I would like to know the following:
Schedule
Cost
Type of Service available
Any misc. information or homepages that have detailed information on the Orient-Express

Jun 12th, 1997, 03:25 AM
Leah

The Orient-Express is a train that runs from Budapest to Paris. I have taken it several times - its no big deal, just like any other train in Europe.
If there is some other Orient-Express, I have no idea what it is. Sorry...

Jun 12th, 1997, 07:46 PM
l.martin

The Orient Express has different itineraries--my parents took it one way from Venice to Paris a few years ago. I have ordered info from them and must say that I disagree with previous author: the Orient Express is much more sophisticated than 1st class Europe trains I've been on. Besides all the history involved, etc. It would be fun to have a group of friends take the trip in order to give one something to do during lag times between cities.

Jun 24th, 1997, 05:38 PM
nancy

I believe you are referring to the Orient-Express that runs through Malaysia into Thailand...correct.
For a good overview of itieraries/prices/scheduling info etc...contact Thai Airways...one of their packages includes a deluxe ride on the Orient-Express...but it's pricey...over $1OOO. Thai Airways has a web site... it's www.thaiair.com

Hope this helps...have a great time...I love Thailand.

Search this Thread