Notices

One day in Brisbane

Feb 7th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

One day in Brisbane

My spouse and I will be in Brisbane later this month for one day (cruise). We intend to take the Miramar river cruise to the Kaola Sanctuary and return to the city via bus or train. We would then like to take a taxi from the bus/train stop in Brisbane back to the port passing the salient landmarks of the city on the way. I could not ascertain if we will be able to get a taxi at the bus or train stop in the city.

I did find this note on Trip Advisor: “the local Brisbane bus number 445 leaves from stop 40 Adelaide Street, and number 430 leaves from Platform B4, Queen Street bus station. These stop right at the sanctuary." I would assume that these buses would return to the same stops. Is this true? And I read that there was a train that goes from the Sanctuary to the city, but I could not find out any more information about the train. In any event, would it be possible to get a taxi at any of these stops?
Feb 8th, 2015, 02:59 AM

I don't believe there is a train service to/from Lone Pine Sanctuary. Catch the bus back to the City where you will have no trouble finding a taxi to take you to the port.

Search this Thread