Reload this Page >

Hot Air Ballooning in Oz....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Jane

Where is the best place to have hot air ballooing in Oz (this is my dream as to have hot air ballooning)? How much does it cost per person? And do you have any recommendation of any agent who organizes it?Please give me their name and contact number also. Thanks.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Steve Cogger

Hi, <BR><BR>My Girlfriend and I went hot air ballooning over the Atherton tablelands (near cairns) at dawn back in March 2002.<BR><BR>There are serveral companies which do this, we used one called 'Champayne Balloons' - they have a website somewhere.<BR><BR>It was a fantasitc experience.<BR>They picked us up from the hotel (at about 04:30am!!), we watched the ballon be inflated, climbed in and went up just as the sun was rising. There wew about 15 people in the basket (2 of them a bride and groom who actually got married during the flight!) <BR>The flight lasted about an hour, and we all chipped in packing the balloon away afterwards. Then we went for a 'Champayne' breakfast at a small museum.<BR>The whole thing finished by about 11am, and we were taken back to our hotel.<BR>It cost about &pound;80 / per person.<BR>Considerably cheaper than the UK.<BR><BR>Id thoroughly recommend it.<BR><BR>Steve.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Alan

Hi, Jane!<BR>There's a company near Sydney that runs early-morning flights, though be warned... they are quite expensive! You can check out the prices and conditions at www.sydney.visitorsbureau.com.au/t01b03.html.<BR>Have a great time!

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 09:10 PM
xxxxx

I think you will find the correct spelling for the Champayne flights is <BR>ChampaGNE - if you are doing a search.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 05:10 PM
Aussie

This was one of my dreams as well & I did it a couple of years ago at Alice Springs. It was wonderful.<BR>The down side however was for 3 mornings we got up at 3.30. to be told the fight was called off due to winds, on the 4th. morning we went down but our names weren't on the list however after a lot of talking we went. (the reason we had been moved off the list was because most tourists stay for 2 or 3 nights then move on... however we had booked for 7 days thus made the flight.<BR>We had to do much the same as the other post, one lady was in a white outfit & by the time she had done her share of packing up the balloon she was covered in red dirt...not a good look.<BR>I beleive there are also flights at the Yarra Valley & Melbourne. Vic.<BR>Enjoy