Notices

NZ November!

Sep 24th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

NZ November!

Hello!
My boyfriend and I are travelling to NZ as our honeymoon!
Because of the wedding, we didn't have time to planned a lot yet.
We are looking for recommendations from you, who already went or leave in NZ. We are not necessary looking for big touriste attractions, we love more the nature, calm, village, etc. We do not appreciate much big cities.

Here's what we have still:

Leaving Canada on Oct28, arrival on Oct30 5AM in Auckland. Ferry from NI to SI on nov5th (approximate, no reservation). We are doing a 3 days mountain bike trip from Picton from nov5th to nov7th. From there, we surely want to visit a wine orchad in Malborough (or near)

We need to be back in queenstown for nov 11th. We booked a fully experience in Milford Sound from nov12 to nov 17. Flying back on nov 18th from queenstown.

We are currently looking for a camper van, but we need more recommendations to book our sleeps and activities. What should we book next? We thought about one day in tongariro but it is not defined yet.

Thank you so much
Sévrine
Sep 24th, 2016, 03:10 PM

Great you have chosen New Zealand for your honeymoon.
Is this for 2016? That is only 5 weeks away.
However you have planned an awful lot of driving for a honeymoon to cover all these distances.
For the 31st Oct stay in Auckland and get over jet lag and get your head around driving on the other side.
That gives 3 days before the ferry so you could see the Waitomo Caves OR Rotorua and Hobbiton in that time. The drive to Wellingon is long and boring but if you started from Turangi/Tongariro it's about 4 hours.
What do you want to do in Tongariro? If you are walking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing I'd rethink that. It is only just out of the winter season and the weather maybe against you.
However there are shorter walks which would be great to do.
I'd also rethink the campervan. A car and motels would be much easier. There is a lot of driving planned especially with the south Island bit between Blenheim and Queenstown for 8/9/10 November.

Search this Thread