Northern NSW

Aug 20th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Northern NSW

Hello all,
I am interested in finding a resort style accommodation suitable for my family( kids aged 2 and 4.)on the northern NSW coast It should have a pool on the property and a beach close by . Any recommendations of areas or resorts?

Thanks
Aug 20th, 2006, 04:50 PM

What about http://www.pacificbayresort.com.au at Coffs Harbour? it has a kids club.

If you wanted something more for the kids, but not as upmarket, this place has had rave reviews: http://www.happyhallidays.com.au/index.html not as far north as coffs.

I haven't stayed at either, so would be interested in seeing what others come up with.

Aug 21st, 2006, 05:59 AM

Well they are NOT 5* maui resorts but in my book these couple on the far north coast of new south wales are just great.

http://www.byron-bay.com/bhlr/

www.mtwarningholidaypark.com

the byron area and hinterland is a great combo of lifestyle,climate and geography.Go the the craft markets on a sunday am.
Aug 21st, 2006, 06:34 AM

How north did you mean? Coffs Harbour isn't exactly northern NSW, Byron Bay is, with magnificent beaches and hinterland, just be careful to stay out of Byron Bay town.
Aug 25th, 2006, 07:17 AM

We stayed at the Ballina Beach Resort in 2002 with 2 kids. We were planning to stay somewhere in Byron Bay but an Australian we met suggested that Ballina would be less expensive and a bit more low key.

We had a great room with a little kitchenette and a separate bedroom with twin beds for the kids (this was really nice after all of us being in the same room during most of our travels). Plus there was a little outside area with a table and chairs as well as a table inside as I recall. I think it ws around AU$100 per night then. The pool was nice and the beach nearby was good. Nicely landscaped. Very close to Byron Bay and we drove into the town of Byron Bay to look around; were glad we didn't stay there. Fun to visit with all the different types of people, shops, etc. but we liked the quieter Ballina. The lighthouse walk at Byron Bay is worth the effort.

Also, we drove from Sydney to Brisbane and we really liked the area around Nambucca Heads. We didn't stay there though so I don't have any accomodation recommendations.