MURRAY RIVER CRUISE

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 06:22 AM
Bonny

MURRAY RIVER CRUISE

My husband and I will be in Adelaide in December and are thinking of taking a Murray River Cruise for a couple of nights. We have looked at websites for Proud Mary and Captain Cook Cruises and although they seem to be similar there is a big difference in price.

I don't know how many operators there are from Adelaide. Has anyone been on either of these two or any others please?

Any help appreciated.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 06:57 PM
deborah

Hello, Bonny

We took the Emmilou down the Murray. Loved every minute of it. Had a great lunch and met the "town criers" convention people from England. I will try to get more info for you from my sister, who lives in the area and booked the trip for us. Email me if you need more info and I will try to get back to this site in the next few days.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 08:30 PM
marg

There is a new paddle boat which leaves from Mannum (about 1 1/2 hours drive from Adelaide). I don't know who runs it but it may be Captain Cook. We've seen it on the river and it looks a really nice boat. I think there are coaches to bring passengers from Adelaide to Mannum. Can't give you details but try www.visitsouthaustralia.com.au which may have details.
The Emmy Lou goes from Echuca in Victoria - it is one of the original boats and quite small. From what I have seen, cabins are small with bunks and no en suite facilities.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 08:31 PM
marg

Sorry - back again. My husband tells me that he thinks the boat from Mannum is called the Murray Princess.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Deborah

Bonny, Hi

The Emmylou @ www.emmylou.com.au is the day trip we took out of Echuca. Not an over night trip, but nice lunch and wonderful, relaxing trip down the river. We LOVED IT. Let me know how it goes. Have fun, Deborah