Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/mucky-smchrissy-margo-alan-ive-lost-the-new-years-eve-thread-379249/)

patw Nov 28th, 2003 07:50 AM

Mucky, Smchrissy, Margo, Alan -I've lost the New Years Eve thread

Hi,
This is the strangest thing. I've noticed there has not been any posting on the thread about New Years Eve in Sydney (and all the messages about attempting to get together in SYD). I tried to go back on the forum to find the last postings and I can't find the thread. Can someone find that post and top it for me. I'm just wondering if a Fodors get together has materialized?
I think I mentioned we're going on Proclaim Charters that evening. The boat will be in the boat parade and be in the charter boat area for the fireworks.
If someone could please top the thread I'd appreciate it. I'm getting withdrawal from reading whats up with everyone. 3 weeks from Saturday we leave.
Cheers,
Pat

Mucky Nov 28th, 2003 08:02 AM

Hi Pat,
I will have a look for it.
We leave in 10days !!

Muck

margo_oz Nov 28th, 2003 10:08 AM

Sheeeesh! Only 10 days for me to get organised and out of here! :p

Clifton Nov 29th, 2003 08:50 AM

Good luck Mucky... really looking forward to hearing how it all comes out. We're right behind you - 14 days.

Run Margo... run! Or fly. That might be easier.

crazymina Nov 30th, 2003 12:01 PM

Have a great time y'all...I'm right behind Clifton...26 more days for me!

BTW, our plans are to feast at my friend's apt (he just got a place in Elizabeth Bay), then go out and about. I am very much looking forward to it!

If y'all do meet for drinks, keep me posted. :)

smchrissy Dec 1st, 2003 02:51 PM

Twenty Five days for me! You're right, pat, haven't heard anything about a Fodor's get together. So, Pat, you are going to be on a cruise on New Year's Eve too! I'll have to look and see where and when we get on the boat. I'll let you know. If nothing else, we can meet up before we get on the boat if we are at docks that are close by.

margo_oz Dec 1st, 2003 06:39 PM

Perhaps an early evening drink? I have to work :(

smchrissy Dec 2nd, 2003 03:35 PM

You have to work? Poor girl! Early evening drink sounds good to me. You'll have to give some idea as to where to go as we have never been there before.

patw Dec 2nd, 2003 06:24 PM

Hi all,
I posted on the original thread also. A drink somewhere sounds great to me. We're around the night of 12-30 and 1-2 though we were planning to check out the Night Market which is held every Friday night. SOunds like fun. Maybe people can meet up there its by Dixon and Little Hay in the Haymarket from 6:00pm to 11:00pm. We're renting a car and going to the Blue Mountains but the car has to be back on William St by 6:45 PM so we thought we'd head over there after that. Anyone know the area or the market?
Cheers,
Pat

crazymina Dec 2nd, 2003 06:53 PM

Awww...wish I could meet all you nice folks. But if you see a Korean girl with two Aussie boys tearin' up the town, it might be me! ;o)

smchrissy Dec 3rd, 2003 07:57 AM

I will put that on my calendar to be in that area, Pat. Hopefully it will work out. Crazy, you can tell your friends to make a stop at that area just to have a drink. After all, you're having drinks anyway, who cares where? Any other takers? Alan? Mucky? Margo? Clifton?

Mucky Dec 3rd, 2003 12:49 PM

Hi everyone,
Not sure of our precise plans for the day, but Friday 30th sounds good at the moment.
If someone can decide a specific place and aproximate time we will do our best to get there.
Sorry not familiar with the area at all
But we leave on Monday !!!
Tokyo first then Oz

Muck

patw Dec 3rd, 2003 02:16 PM

Hi all,
I'll try to find out some more about the area, pubs, etc. I'll do some research and post something in a day or so.
Mucky, I think you have a typo. Its Friday the 2nd.
Also, SMchrissy- when are you in Palm Cove?
Alan, do you know anything about the area?
Cheers,
Pat

smchrissy Dec 3rd, 2003 04:49 PM

We will be in Palm Cove from 1/5-1/11. Are you going to be there at that time?

Mucky Dec 4th, 2003 01:18 AM

Hi Pat, Sorry I misplaced my brain cell then for a moment.
30th sounds good but it's not a Friday !! lol
Let me know when and where and we will try to get there anyway pat perhaps we can contact in Sydney.
You guys must go to the Life guards club in Palm cove, not sure if you may need to sign in but we had a fabulous evening there beer and food are really reasonable and plenty of it.
The pub round the corner near the oasis gave us some bum service when we first arrived so we never went there again.
But it is now apparently under new management. Its got a bottle shop behind so if you need your wine have a look there.
Pat could you e mail me your surname?
Just so we can say Hi in Sydney if poss.

Cheers

Muck

patw Dec 6th, 2003 11:07 AM

Hi All,
Well, we're in the middle of a blizzard here in NJ. 12 inches and still falling!
SMchrissy, we will be in Palm Cove before SYD. We'll be there from 12-23 thru 12-29.
My husband just informed me that he wants to meet with a business associate in SYD and it looks like it will be that Friday evening, so I'm not sure now if the night market will work.
Mucky will not be able to attend as he is flying back to LHR that evening.
If we can, we will be at the Southwest corner of Goulbourn & George Street around 8:00PM that evening (Fri. Jan 2)
COuldn't find a pub/bar in the area. Anyway, we'll try to make it. SMchrissy if that doesn't work, where does Fiesta Cruises leave from on NYE? Proclaim leaves from near Pyrmont Bridge.
Anyway, I have to go shovel. Can't wait for warm weather...
Cheers,
Pat

barbee Dec 8th, 2003 09:45 AM

Hi to all: I just posted a message on the old NYE thread so it should be up at the front again. I would love to meet up with some of you in Sydney. We are doing the Opera house dinner and show on the 30th starting at 6:00pm but could meet up for drinks prior to that if it gets organized. Also I'l love to go to 41 on the 29th with smchrissy and see you in Palm Cove. Let's try to organize the drinks. Barb

smchrissy Dec 9th, 2003 04:58 AM

Hi Pat,

Have you finished shoveling yet? Not long now and you won't have to worry about it! I looked at the map for Fiesta Cruises and it doesn't look like it is very close to the Pyrmont Wharf. Fiesta takes off from the Convention Wharf which is in Darling Harbor at 7:45 p.m. They also pick up people at Bridge Street Wharf at Drummoyne at 6:20 but we will get on at the Convention Wharf. I'll wave at all the boats and hopefully you'll see me! haha

Barbee, we have reservations at 7 p.m. at 41. There are four in our group. So you will also be in Palm Cove when we are there? Where are you staying?

barbee Dec 12th, 2003 07:37 AM

Hi: Just wanted to get these two threads together again. I'm staying at Sebel Reef House in Palm Cove Jan 7-10. I hope to hear from smchrissy about the 41 reservation and I can tell you it is really cold here in Toronto!!! and I can't wait to feel the heat of OZ. Cheers, Barb

Mucky Jul 22nd, 2017 11:33 AM

Just popped in after a long time. Wondering if these guys n gals are still around? Blimey this is an old thread!! Lol