Notices

Melbourne hotels

Jun 17th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Melbourne hotels

My message...I have about 5 days in Melbourne after a month tour with AATKings. I have recommendations for several hotels;Jasper, Causeway Inn on the Mall, Doubletree, Rydges, Grand Chancellor, Grand Hotel M Gallery & Pagasus Aparthotel.All the hotels seem lovely & aren't far apart in price. I will be alone & will probably do some daytrips after catching up on laundry & a massage. Any advise or suggestions?
Jun 17th, 2015, 03:25 PM

As I live in Melbourne, I rarely stay in hotels so I can only comment on the best areas to stay if I were travelling by myself. The Grand Hotel is good but fairly isolated after dark. The Pegasus is outside the CBD as is the Grand Chancellor. I'd put location at the top of my list.
The Causeway on the Mall is very central as are the Rendezvous and the Doubletree by Hilton. If you want to be close to shops, museums and public transport I'd look at hotels in the immediate CBD or just across the river.
If you like shopping, have a wander around the new Emporium complex - great shops. Or for a complete contrast, visit the Queen Victoria market - clothes, souvenirs and great food.
Jun 18th, 2015, 07:25 AM

We have stayed at the Causeway Inn. Nice place, very central to restaurants, trams, shping, sightseeing. reasonably priced for Melbourne.
Jun 20th, 2015, 10:08 PM

I love the location of The Causeway . My family stays there when visiting Melbourne - in a quiet arcade but so close to everything .

Search this Thread