Notices

Melbourne City Holiday Apartment

Nov 21st, 2015, 02:07 AM
Original Poster

Melbourne City Holiday Apartment

For anyone looking to stay in the centre of Melbourne, I can recommend the Punthill Apartments, 267 Flinders Lane. DH & I have just spent 4 nights there, and will happily return for any future visit.
If you request a ‘walk in’ shower (as distinct from one over a bath), you will be given one of the 11 rooms i.e. 211,311 etc. These rooms are located on a quiet corner of the building, right away from the street noise. If you sign up to their membership program before making a booking, then wifi is included with your accommodation charge.

Flinders Lane is very convenient for accessing the free city trams, close to the river and Flinders Street Station as well as the interesting arcades and laneways.

This wasn’t our first visit to Melbourne, so this time we weren’t so interested in visiting iconic sites; we spent a great part of our time wandering those arcades and laneways, and really enjoying the relaxed life. The wide tree lined streets mean that this city has a lovely open and welcoming feel to it.
Nov 22nd, 2015, 10:30 PM

Good to know thanks! Melbourne is great for a short break.
Nov 23rd, 2015, 11:47 AM

di2315: Your post came in just as I was getting ready to post a question about where to stay in Melbourne. We are planning to spend 4 nights in Melbourne next Sept and is our first visit there. Is this location close to restaurants or is Southbank area better for that?
Nov 23rd, 2015, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Karen - Melbourne has more restaurants per square metre than any other city I have visited; I actually made the comment to my husband that you could eat out every meal for a year and never visit the same place twice!

In the block that Punthill occupies there are eateries every second shop, and within easy walking distance I'm sure you could find whatever you prefer. There's also two supermarkets so you can pick up bits for whatever meals you want to make yourselves.

Southbank is also littered with restaurants and about 10 minutes walk away. We often strolled around there in the evening. Sunsets from the bridge next to Flinders Street Station can be quite spectacular. Di

Search this Thread