Search

Meal plans & packages

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 07:17 AM
Amanda

Meal plans & packages

We can't dcide on whether we should do a meal plan or inclusive package (for excursions, rental car, etc) for our trip to Moorea & Bora Bora. Does anyone think they are worth it?

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 10:50 AM
Patti

Here is what Tahiti-explorer.com (aka tahititravel.com) had to say when they quoted me rates online: <BR> <BR>I didn't include any meal plans because this year the hotels charge more <BR>for prepaid meal plans than when purchased in the islands !!. Not only <BR>do you pay more, but you end-up limiting your choices of dishes as well <BR>as choices of restaurants on the islands, which are now more numerous <BR>(and all take credit cards). So, there is no benefit to you with the meal <BR>plans or the excursions. <BR> <BR>I highly recommend their website--it has a great posting/comment area with lots of detailed info on hotel and meal experiences. Good Luck!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 10:58 AM
gt

Unless your meals are included in an all-inclusive package, there is no real cost benefit. The prices work out to be about the same as ordering off the a la carte menu. To compliment your French Polynesian experience, you may also want to enjoy having a meal or two in some of the local restaurants.

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 01:29 PM
John

The meal plan rates at Moana Beach were slightly better than if you bought ala carte. But you are buying a buffet breakfast and a full dinner (appetizer, entree, dessert) every day, and lunch if that is in the plan. That's a lot of food. Rates at other hotel restaurants were comparable. Some independent restaurants were similarly priced (Bamboo House on Bora Bora) while others were much less expensive. EVERY restaurant takes credit cards. And the current exchange rate makes eating in Tahiti almost reasonable!

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 03:37 PM
Coral

As the US dollar is strong now against the Tahitian Franc it is not necessary to lock in to meal plans. You pay the same price there so why buy ahead of time? Also the excursions do not fill up (except for the Dolphin Quest on Moorea) so this I would also advise not to purchase ahead. All the hotels offer basically the same excursions and can be booked at the Activity’s Desk at each hotel. <BR> <BR>SÕLACE Exclusive Destinations <BR>10625 N. 25th Ave. #220 <BR>Phoenix, AZ 85029 <BR> <BR>Phone: 800.548.5331 /602.944.8080 <BR>Fax: 602.944.5411 <BR> <BR>E-mail: [email protected] <BR>http://www.solace1.com <BR>