Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   Malolo Island Resort a must visit! (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/malolo-island-resort-a-must-visit-83888/)

Stephanie Aug 21st, 2000 05:06 PM

Malolo Island Resort a must visit!

My husband and I recently returned from a two week vacation in Fiji. We spent one week at Matamanoa and one week at Malolo. I wanted to take a minute to share my experiences at Malolo with others who will be traveling to Fiji in the future (for my comments on Matamanoa see my reply to the Matamanoa posting). <BR> <BR>First of all, the management and staff at Malolo are top notch. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable during our stay. They went above and beyond the call of duty. We really enjoyed the time spent with the staff at Malolo and made some good friends, whom we hope to see again very soon (we're already planning another trip to Fiji). <BR> <BR>Malolo used to be known as Club Naitisi, which mainly consisted of condos. The resort has been renovated and the bures are traditional resort rooms, not condos. They are beautifully painted with bright colors and are very spacious. All of the bures are right off the beach with a nice terrace and fabulous view. <BR> <BR>Two things I really enjoyed about the resort were the hammocks and the swimming pool. There are hammocks scattered in front of the bures and beach. I spent many afternoons napping or reading under the palm trees in a hammock. Malolo is one of the few islands with a natural spring, so water does not have to be shipped in by barge (like most of the outer islands). This also allows them to have a very nice swimming pool. It's two tiered - pool and wet bar at top level with a waterfall flowing to the sand bottomed pool at the lover level. It's really beautiful. They also have a very nice beach front bar where you can each lunch or enjoy a tropical drink at sunset. (Malolo has Fiji Bitter in the bottle!! - a big plus) <BR> <BR>Overall we really enjoyed our stay at Malolo. The food was good, the accomodations very nice, the staff VERY friendly, the beach is nice (swimming best at high tide), the activities offered are enough to keep anyone busy, and the entertainment excellent. We highly recommend Malolo to anyone. Feel free to drop me a mail if there are more specific questions regarding Malolo or Fiji in general. <BR> <BR>Vinaka

Frank Aug 23rd, 2000 06:55 PM

Thanks for mentioning Club Natasi. We spent our Honeymoon on Castaway Island & loved it. Did you happen to go to Honeymoon Island? We also spent some time at Natasi & yes its beautiful. Iv'e been to Fiji a few times and going again in Oct. Spending only 3 nites @ Denaru(Regent) Will take the day trip to Castaway I don't believe they stop @ Malolo. Oh did you bring the boys any KAVA? Frank

Frank Aug 23rd, 2000 06:57 PM

Frank again, Is Ma ri tha still @ Matamora, & is the German still running resort? Frank