Lizard Island-Clothing

Old May 12th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lizard Island-Clothing

Can someone that has been to Lizard Island tell me their interpretation of "smart casual" as the dinner code norm? We live in NYC where a nice pair of jeans can be considered dressy if worn properly. What sort of clothing should we bring for dinner? Are trousers and a sweater OK for women? I assume men can wear the same-no jackets, is this correct? Will I feel out of place if I don't go more fancy? Are jeans unacceptable? Thanks so much-it's a small thing but I thougth I would ask.

All the best,
Lisa
Old May 12th, 2008, 03:03 PM

For Lizard Island- upmarket resort!
Smart Casual means exactly that,
NO Jeans of any kind! Jackets not required, trousers OK for women. Its a tropical Island!
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:23 PM

Wear whatever you like, Lisa. Its very relaxed and casual, jeans are fine if weather is cool enough. When are you going?
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:15 AM

As Pat said, just wear what you want. I think I generally wore slacks, but it's not like they'll kick you out if you show up in jeans, particularly if it's with a nice collared shirt. I never wore a jacket, but I vaguely recall some people did. I'm fairly certain I never saw a tie.
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to each of you for your comments. I'm not going to worry over it. I packed some decent trousers and sweaters. As we are visiting family in Brisbane and the Cape Trib Tropical Fruit Farm for a few days after Lizard, I don't want to have to bring an entirely separate wardrobe for our Lizard stay.

Pat, we will be at Lizard from 20-23 May. I can't wait as it will be my first time at the Reef.

Thanks again to each of you!
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

I have a quick query for Pat-I believe the weather will be cool in the evenings up north mid-May. Is this correct? I am counting on warmish days but cool nights.

Thanks again for your assistance and for your expertise. I've learned a great deal on this forum from your postings!

Best,
Lisa
Old May 14th, 2008, 03:21 PM

Aww, thanks Lisa. Here's the forecast temps for May 21, which is as far out as I'm inclined to believe - Lizard Island (Cooktown is nearest mainland weather station) - Min. 19C, max 26C; Cape Tribulation is same as Cooktown; Brisbane - Min. 11C, max 26C. Mostly sunny for all three with moderate wind. So the maximum daytime temperatures are all the same, but significantly cooler at night in Brisbane, where you'll need to wear something a lot warmer than in the north.

High uv risk index for all, so do wear sunscreen when outside and have a great trip!