Lending a helping hand for my friend's honeymoon preparations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2005, 10:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With some of my initial research, my friend has narrowed down his honeymoon destination to Fiji! He is interested in staying in a romantic overwater bungalow or an elegant bure. ..but not looking to leave a pauper after the wonderful honeymoon! I have read a lot about Qamea, Musket Cove, Navini, and Yasawa. Are there any suggestions on resorts and the best place/people to work through in regards to reservations, etc.? He and his fiance are active. . so being close to activities (snorkeling, diving, hiking, etc. . .is important). They are looking for more seclusion and "paradise" type (maybe a spa, more secluded beach)then a "club-med" type! Lastly, any thoughts on the Blue Lagoon Cruises? Any help would be most appreciated!
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 09:21 AM

I happened on this b/c I have a friend planning a honeymoon and looking for spots, but more FIJI fans might notice it if you repost adding FIJI to your title, ie; Need help with FIJI honeymoon"
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

thank you for the suggestion. ..I reposted!
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 03:05 PM

utimatecubsfan, the Blue Lagoon cruise is absolutely beautiful. I have travelled a lot before and since we went on it but will always remember that experience.You go to lots of beautiful, quiet islands some of which are uninhabited. The crew are very friendly and at the end of the several days trip they sang their farewell song to us and there were a lot of teary eyes and blocked throats! To combine this with a few days on one of the better known islands would be a glorious honeymoon!
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

thank you for your input. . .I am going to highly suggest a Blue Lagoon Cruise to my friend. Was there a particular group you would recommend? Do you remember approximately how expensive either a 3 or 6 day tour was?
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 02:41 PM

Hello,
Quick note in addition to the others. Blue Lagoon Cruises for 3 nights are a great way to see excelent snorkeling, but they are not deluxe- every body loves it as long as they are aware of this. You could spend 3 or 4 nights on Tokoriki or Castaway first and then the ship will pick you up right on the island which will save an entire day of traveling back to the main island.

I love Qamea - high service and 4.5 star resort.

Navini is also a great little spot - their Honeymoon Bure with Spa (names of their Bures change) is very nice - a very simple resort with a lovely beach all the way around. Musket Cove is wonderful except for the water -which was murky when I was there. Yasawa is beautiful and has the best beaches. It is the most expensive...when are they traveling? Namale might also a good one for them -but when are they traveling (Namale and Qamea are in a more rainforested area and therefore this is important? Namale and Qamea are two of my favorites! But they are also in differing price ranges where Namale is 5 star and Qamea is 4.5 star.
Hope this helps!
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 05:44 PM

My wife and I were married at Qamea in November. We were on the island for 4 days before the wedding, then had our honeymoon there as well. It is hard for me to describe in words the warmth of the Fijian people, the professionalism of the staff on Qamea, and how everything always seemed to work. We stayed the first 3 nights in their standard beachront bure, and we thought we had died and gone to heaven. The outdoor showers were - well, romantic We did have one day of heavy rain, but that only added to the adventure, most of the time though we were happy that we had air conditioning. On our wedding day we upgraded to their Premium Villa and were awed by the private deck pool and the huge house on the beach set far away from the rest of the resort. All of the other guests that we met on Qamea were similarly impressed as we were. We knew it was going to be special based on our travel agent recommendations, but overall it exceeded our expectations.