Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   Just booked our trip! Any Advice?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/just-booked-our-trip-any-advice-479752/)

cmw Oct 11th, 2004 02:41 PM

Just booked our trip! Any Advice??

Hi,

I'm so excited... we just booked our trip to Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea for 15 days in December :)
We will be staying at the Pearl Beach in both Moorea and Bora Bora (6 nights each), Bora Bora in an overwater bungalow and Moorea in a bungalow with our own pool (don't know what this bungalow is called) and Tahiti at the Beachcomber. Does anyone have any advice on what to do/see? Any advice on these resorts? Any nightlife?
We are in our late 20's early 30's (two couples) and like adventure (besides the obvious - diving). Any advice would be great!!
Thanks so much :)

CajunStorm Oct 14th, 2004 12:21 PM

I too am planning a trip to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. It seems like you can get the most info (and many more postings) at www.tahiti-explorer.com

Good luck!

cmw Oct 18th, 2004 09:14 AM

Great, thanks. I will definitely check out this site!
christine

jenandfrank Nov 30th, 2004 09:46 AM

Overwater bungalows are the way to go and well worth the money spent. I will say not to be dissapointed with the food on Moorea - it's nothing fabulous. I would reccommend doing a 4x4 tour with Albert tours. It was a great time. And the luau in the Tahitian village. They have ths hark excursion in Bora Bora which is insane.. you might want to check that out as well.

jenandfrank Dec 7th, 2004 07:04 AM

Meant to type a shark excursion in Bora Bora.

akapartyman Jan 8th, 2005 12:16 PM

Hey there,

Congrats on booking a trip to simply the finest place on this planet!

We were there for 3 weeks in Sept 2001 and it was the best 3 weeks of my life!

Ok.....it's gonna cost ALOT of money.....but hey.....it's worth every penny and more!

Tahiti...there is not much to do apart from shop, but it can be pretty pricey. The flea markets are good fun, but overall it's too over populated...i thought i was in large French city!

Moorea.... this is the BEST island with the nicest people and a lot of activities. Make sure you go on the day long shark and sting-ray feeding excursion, with a picnic lunch on your own deserted island. The island tour by 4x4 was also a lot of fun....you will meet a lot of great people on this island....we infact became very good friends with some of them.

Bora Bora......too americanized and expensive, BUT beautiful! Get ready to spend anything from $100-$150 a day on food easy.

Oh, the best til last....the Underground pig cookout Luau bar-b-q....wowowowowowow!

We're both in our mid-20s and this was our best trip ever, however the nightlife was not the greatest....everyone there are honeymooners..well 99.99% are!

Enjoy,

nik aka partyman