Search

Jervis Bay, NSW

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 07:38 PM
Dan

Jervis Bay, NSW

My wife and I will be spending a week in Sydney the last week of November. I lived in Australia in 1986 for the year and am taking my wife for the first time. I want her to get a good flavor for both the city and countryside. We plan to do the Bridge Climb, Blue Mountains, Manly, Harbour Cruise, etc...One day trip that I thought might be nice is Jervis Bay. The plan is to drive down, spend the day exploring, spend the night and drive back to Sydney the next morning. I am looking for advice on whether or not this is a good trip and also for lodging advice in Jervis Bay. Any comments would be appreciated.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:57 PM
Paul S

Hi Dan,<BR><BR>Jervis Bay or JB as it is known to locals there is a very nice location but for a day trip I think it is a bit much, it would be quicker for you to do a day trip to Port Stephens and do some looking around there. There is pretty much a freeway all the to Port Stephens now.<BR><BR>Check out the following websites:<BR><BR>www.portstephens.org.au<BR>www.po rtstephens-multimedia.com.au<BR><BR>I think you will find that there is far more accommodation available in and around Nelson Bay and Salamander Bay than you will find in JB.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR><BR>Paul S.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 01:12 AM
Mary

Jervis Bay is sensational and well worth visit. Try Hyams beach for a tiny, tiny town with great beach and atmosphere, (www.hyamsbeachonline.com.au). I'd think you'd really enjoy the area &amp; it is 'do-able' in your time frame (although an extra day would be good!

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 09:33 AM
margo

I think Jervis Bay is a fantastic idea.<BR>It's where I often want to take tourists, and they don't have the time.<BR><BR>The beaches are fantastic, there's some aboriginal sites you can see, with guides to explain, and, of course, there's those fantastic birds and animals. Greenpatch is fantastic for birds, and some kangaroos.<BR><BR>Pebbly Beach is a bit further south, for more roos and wallabies in the wild. Plenty of accommodation at Huskisson.<BR><BR>A wonderful part of Oz.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Dan

Thank you all for your advice. Any suggestions on B&amp;Bs would be appreciated.