Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Australia & the Pacific (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/)
-   -   I was quoted! (https://www.fodors.com/community/australia-and-the-pacific/i-was-quoted-457234/)

hikrchick Dec 1st, 2008 04:30 PM

I was quoted!

I just got an email today that I was quoted in the 2009 New Zealand book! I'm so excited! I think I'll have to go to the bookstore and see what I said! Anyone else get this email yet?

New Zealand is my favorite place on the planet. On Wednesday it will be 2 years since I got on a plane and went for almost 3 months. I miss Aotearoa so much, some days I can't think of anything else except how beautiful it is and how every single Kiwi I met was so wonderful. Sometimes I get so homesick for Godzone that I read my travel blog all over again, all in one sitting. I kind of don't feel like going anywhere else, because what other place could possibly be as beautiful...

stormbird Dec 1st, 2008 04:35 PM

Hi hikrchick,

Congratulations! Fodors will send you a copy of the 2009 NZ Edition - FREE!!!

Just send an email to the editors let them know who you are and where you are quoted and there will be a free copy delivered to your door quick time!

BillJ Dec 1st, 2008 06:53 PM

I just got the same notice. I am getting a copy of the New Zealand 2009 book to keep. I generally toss the guidebooks I have after about 5 years or so, but this one I'll keep.
Can't wait to see what they printed.
Hikrchick, just respond to the email and you'll get the copy free. or if you want another of their guidebooks, ask for that instead.
Whoo-Whoo!

Chenoa Dec 1st, 2008 10:49 PM

Me too!

Thank you Fodor. It pays to contribute on this forum. :)

3Cheers!

jeep61 Dec 2nd, 2008 06:46 AM

My email telling me of the quote(s) also arrived yesterday. I went to Amazon and found the 2009 NZ guidebook. Then I "Looked Inside" and did a search for "Word of Mouth" and found all of the quotes for all of us. (about 20) I was quoted three times about Auckland, Milford Sound and Ulva Island from the review I posted when we returned in March 2008! Here is the link to that trip report - the only one I ever posted!
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35119752

Real treat - I selected the African Safari as my free guide since that daunting trip is on the far, far horizon.

mlgb Dec 2nd, 2008 11:51 AM

Me too! I asked for Patagonia. After 6 trips to New Zealand, I think I could write the book.

I know I was quoted about Bethell's Beach, from my trip a few years ago. I tried the Amazon trick but you need to be a purchaser to read all of the retrieved excerpts. I guess I'll have to have a look at the bookstore.

Melnq8 Dec 2nd, 2008 01:11 PM

I tried jeep61's Amazon trick and found that I've been quoted too, but I didn't get an e-mail. What's up with that?

You're right mlgb, you were quoted about Betchell's Beach.

And Lee Ann, if you see this, you were quoted three times (ElendiPickle)

mlgb Dec 2nd, 2008 01:54 PM

The email came from Katie. Maybe you could contact her, Melnq8.

hikrchick Dec 2nd, 2008 03:27 PM

The Amazon trick worked for me -- I was quoted on my stay in Akaroa. How cool to see my quote and my name in a book! Now I just have to decide what guide to ask for.

ElendilPickle Dec 2nd, 2008 07:17 PM

I was? Whoo hooo!!! I haven't gotten an email yet. Thanks, Melnq8!

Now all I have to do is decide what guide I want...

Lee Ann

Chenoa Dec 3rd, 2008 06:09 AM

Anyone getting the NZ 09 copy for keepsake?

Have this crazy idea....won't it be interesting if we can autograph beside our quotes for one another?

ElendilPickle Dec 3rd, 2008 01:09 PM

I'm considering it, Chenoa, but I think I should probably get a guide for somewhere I haven't visited yet.

Lee Ann

BillJ Dec 3rd, 2008 06:34 PM

I will keep the NZ 2009 as a keepsake in my bag of NZ memorabilia. Why I keep these bags of stuff from trips is beyond me. Takes up space, and I hardly ever drag it out. Something for my kids to throw away when they put me in the home. LOL

Chenoa Dec 4th, 2008 06:50 AM

BillJ,
I see where you r coming from. Likewise.