Hyatt Regency Coolum

Oct 1st, 2001, 10:00 AM
JoCraig

Hyatt Regency Coolum

Does anyone have comments on the Hyatt Regency Coolum? Any other suggestions where to stay in the Sunshine coast? The Sheraton and Novatel in Noosa are already booked for the time I want to go.

Oct 1st, 2001, 06:21 PM
LizF

Twin Waters is nice too and closer to everything. Coolum is out of the way somewhat.
Check out Maroochydore and Mooloolaba as there are some very nice places there and very close to the beaches.
Have fun

Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:40 AM
David

JoCraig,
I spent a week at the Hyatt last month. I was there for a conference but to me it looked like it would have been a good place to stay if you intend spending a fair bit of time on the golf course which is apparantly "world class".
Other than that I agree with LizF that you are somewhat out of the way so unless you are prepared to travel they have you for evening meals etc. Whilst there are a number of resturants and a "village square" within the complex I found the service and range to be very restricted. I was also disappointed that given the cost of the accomdation use of such things as the gym was upto an additional $13 a visit.
Now I do not want to sound to negative. As stated above I was there for business not pleasure.
Unless you are really favouring a resort type holiday I too would head for Maroochydoore or Mooloolaba.

Regards
David

p.s I did my masters at csu...great uni

Mar 24th, 2005, 05:44 PM

This resort is one of the worst hyatts I've stayed at (either business or pleasure). Sure the golf course is beautiful, but the rooms are run down...go elsewhere in noosa or nearby. The lobby receptionists act like they are doing you a favor. Only pleasant service was the bell desk. Watch out for the spiders in the rooms too. Other than that most Hyatts in Asia Pacific are generally very good.

Search this Thread